Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #61 undeadcow, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    +1 to wanting offline boss battles. Not including boss battles in the level selection seems like a missed opportunity although I understand the appeal of needing coop to gang up on a super enemy.

You may have selected "customize" but to see the alternate equipment near start you need to click "shop." Also you have to play a level or two to unlock equipment for purchase.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Grabbed it, hoping it's good. Interesting release day.

3. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    PROs +Fun gameplay + Good graphics + Cool enemy and Armour designs. + Awesome weapons + replay ability high. - Walking needs tweaking - needs some type of ammo drop - no offline bosses - no melee weapons. All the cons i've found so far. All in all a good game so far, similar to call of mini, but i find this more enjoyable and the enemies are more interesting. (Think startroopers meets Evoluti :)n ) No way so far to earn the second type of moneys (mithril i believe). Very nice customization options weapons, helmet, torso, gauntlets, back attachments, and leggings/boots. The map i've played so far is nicely done with good spawn points that give the ai a fighting chance + stealth approach. Needs tweaking on walking, and definitely needs ammo drops and a melee weapon of sorts. Perhaps as a minor update for a knife or something just to start out with, and later add on some awesome melee weapons. So far you don't need iap to progress, but it is yet to be said for the alternate payment form as i can't find a online match. ( hopefully bosses will drop it) For 99 cents its a great buy, an excellent game, and should grow to become even greater. Good job devs.

4. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    #64 nonexist, Jan 22, 2012
    Game Impressions

I picked this up and I'm very happy with it so far.

You can replay the levels to earn some cash and upgrade your weapon for more power or buy ammo

a little calculation, I expend like 200 ammo per try in level one and easy make like 5000 cash, buy the same 200 ammo for only 1000 cash and get a 4,000 profit

try to make combos for cash bonus but shoot wisely to not waste ammo

Haven't try the boss battle yet, feel free to add me to GC

5. FreyrGames

FreyrGames Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #65 FreyrGames, Jan 22, 2012
    Log in Co-op mode every day. You get gold on first 3 days , and 2 and 3 mithril separatly on 4th and 5th days and then count from day 1.

Boss could beat players with melee weapon hardly. But dev may consider a weapon which doesn't cost ammo

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Gonna play a coop game in about 7 minutes. Need someone to play with

7. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Awesome game, just soloed the first boss with hydra armour set. And lvl 3 rifle. Ammo costs next to nothing compared to what I earn. Stop all the bitching about it, it's balanced perfectly. I guess if you can't aim and waste ammo all the time your costs might go higher. However still wouldn't make things costly. Just be warned better weapon costs more in ammo do if you upgrade to a new weapon to high too soon you may barely afford it.

Add me for co op i-Vash

8. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Game Impressions

This game is pretty cool, especially for 0.99.
    It looks very pretty (not shadowgun pretty, but still very good looking) and the controls are spot on, I think the controls for shooting may be the best Ive tried. Stick to move, swipe to aim, and a 2nd stick to aim and shoot. Not seen many other games put a 2nd stick for shooting as well as swipe aiming, and it works really well.
    Standard wave based shooter like most dual stick shooters, grab a gun and go nuts with no reload. Confused about the ammo system as to why it exists. Its simple enough to earn enough cash to spend some on ammo, and the rest on equipment, but as far as I can see the only thing the ammo counter brings to the game is the fact that you might run out mid level, and then you have to let yourself die. Don't really understand the point of it...
    IAP store is there as per usual for people to moan about, but yet again dont bother moaning as its completely optional. Have played enough rounds to opened up the second map, buying plenty of ammo and equipment and earning progressively more on each round as difficulty goes up, so by the time I hit the final round on the last map I would expect the IAPs to still be as optional.
    Not having as much fun online. Played a 1p online game and got 187 kill...but still didnt see a boss. Any idea how high you have to get to see one?
    Played a 3 player game recently and I lasted far longer than my 2 teammates, but as time went on I got a connection error and dropped out, even though I was playing alone at this point. This error meant that my score was lost and I recieved no cash for that round, but all the ammo I used in that round was gone. A little annoyed at that.
    Finally translation and grammar needs to be cleaned up and Ive hit a bug that seems to make the sound unresponsive to volume buttons (says I'm changing ringer volume) if i get a notification while playing.

All in all, great game and for only 0.99, and IAPs are optional, so dont scream about them like everyone did in star marine thread. Could do with some polishing and bigger userbase so I can play online more.

9. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Actually I think I just found a boss in solo mode. round 2 of second map. Giant green rhino/bull type thing.
    Thought bosses were only online?

10. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The dev mentioned you can get a mithril reward by logging into co-op mode, but is that just a one off reward?

Can you get any mithril in the single player mode, without IAP?

11. FreyrGames

Jan 21, 2012
    #71 FreyrGames, Jan 22, 2012
    There is log in reward. First 3 days get gold , 4th&5th days get 2 and 3 mithril. On day six, counter goes back to day one.

To find boss:
    Go to online mode, touch and slide maps, and you will find 3 maps with bosses image.

12. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Come play online guys, yawn.

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This game definitely needs a secondary weapon with unlimited ammo like z pistol but with a low firerate. Running out of ammo in multiplayer was really annoying

14. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

It support iCloud?
    Thank's

15. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    No it really doesn't at all. Unless you have just started playing you will have more than enough funds to last a LONG time, I got 400 kills without using my ammo up, without buying much also. Also helps with a better gun doing more damage thus using less ammo.

16. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    #76 nonexist, Jan 22, 2012
    This game also needs chat in the lobby. And a evade ability, rolling or dashing

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Game Impressions

Downloaded this about 11:45 last night... next thing I knew it was after 1AM :eek:

Wow.

Yes, the running animation for the dude is a bit off, but once you get playing you don't really notice it, and, yes there are some obvious spelling issues, but who cares? The interface and controls for a touch screen are the best I've played for a shooter like this. Plays smooth as butter on my 4G touch, stable, and obviously a ton of stuff to unlock and earn even without dropping a dime, and the game only costs $1. Highly recommend people try this game.

18. hydrodj

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Agreed, awesome game, I'm fairly far in now (first boss too easy for me, and I've completed all solo missions). Not had a single reason to use IAP. Very well designed. Now need more people online for co op gogogo!

19. FreyrGames

Jan 21, 2012
    #79 FreyrGames, Jan 22, 2012
    No, but savadata is stored automatically on server each time a player access online mode.

Player can get savedata back(access online mode is required) if mistakenly deleted the app or switch to another IOS device. But please be careful when choosing download or upload options, even there is double confirmation, cause your local or online data will be replaced depending on what you choose

Dev implemented this function for IOS 3.1.3 or later.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Despite the games flaws (like the flawed movement animation and some spelling issues), this game handles like a boss.

Incredible controls and a fun and balanced gameplay. The upgrades are icing on the cake. In my opinion, one of the best releases this January. Cheers!