Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I'd rather see an infinite ammo IAP.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, but then how would they force those casual gamers to either give up, or pay more... =oP

I'm really starting to see Gabrien's side to all of this IAP crap... the last month has been pretty eye-opening in terms of paid+free-mium titles and how they work.

From now on, I'm saving my money for developers that make full games...

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #43 undeadcow, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    The mechanism for getting ammo is not unfair, part of me likes the resource management piece.

+1; Star Warfare is fun for what it is (relative to similar ofher iOS game) but I would rather pay a higher up front price for a plot driven no IAP game. However, it is a bit ironic at the present state to look for that on iOS. Competition and consumer refusal to pay for games demand developers resort to this. I don't like it either but complaining about IAP in games people haven't played is getting stale and generic.

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    About that 2.99 unlock IAP, does it unlock everything for purchase using gold (including IAP items) or just the non-IAP level restrictions?

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The sticks look a little high, like Emberwind high. Can they be moved?

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    They can't be moved as far as I can tell, but playing on an iPhone I've had no problem with them.

The ammo doesn't actually bother me - it's handled pretty well. You'll have to spend some gold on it, but it doesn't cripple you as long as you pay attention to it.

Overall though, I feel the game is a bit repetitive. Yes it's quite good, but in short bursts at a time. Haven't been able to find a multiplayer match so far though.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks!

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Looks like a great game. I will buy it to show my support, I just hope the developers will make it so the joypads can be moved.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    +1 I'm sick of IAP for consumables. I'm passing on this one.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There is no IAP for consumables.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's a bummer. I really hope you can make bosses for single player in the next update. Now it seems like most SP waves will be very similar..

12. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    Bonus not bnous
    Cancel not Cancle
    Equipped not Equiped

Just in case the developer is reading and want to fix the worst errors in the menus.

Great game so far though. I am really enjoying it. :)

13. FreyrGames

FreyrGames Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Open a 1 ppl room and enjoy boss battle alone, however, WIFI or 3G is required.

Some words about Pricing and IAP stuff:
    1. We are not EA or Gameloft. We can't price 4.99 or more to get cost of development back in 1 or 2 weeks, actually it could take months. We hope players would say I can't find a better 0.99 3D shooting game than SW for its great graphics, smooth control, lots of items and online mode.

2. We designed IAP and non-IAP items carefully to meet requirements of different customers. Dev designed most of items for non IAP players to keep genuine joyment. We feel sorry if it bother some of you.

Dev planned 2 updates in following weeks(not months:)).
    A: a minor with new equipables and maps.
    B: a major with a revolutionary new mode never happened in other mobile shooting games.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I seem to have gotten this bug where I can't see any of the upgradeable equipment. :confused:

15. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Im purchasing tonight when its released in the USA. I wish your team luck with this game, it really does look amazing.

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Don't apologize. There is very vocal anti-IAP sentiment here, no doubt, but there are plenty who don't automatically rage at the concept that developers need to recoup their money by whatever seems the best monetization system.

I'll complain if the monetization system is a bad fit for the game (*cough*Triple Town*cough*), or if it's outright predatory (*cough*Glu*cough*), but otherwise, let players who actually play the game choose to reward you as they see fit for the entertainment received.

I'll grab this when it's available in the states. Seems like it ought to be fun, and for $1 up front, I don't know why people are complaining so much.

17. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    i agree with your statement 100%. also i think the 0.99 is an amazing price

18. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    It is great for 0.99. I have been playing this with a friend for two hours now. I would not be able to rent a movie at that price, and for this Halo/Starship Troopers remake, I am more than happy. :)

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I like it! Though I've been spending ALL my money to refill ammo =\

20. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Out in US! :)