Universal Star Warfare 2: Payback (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #41 Capricornman, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Had to reduce the sensitivity right done to zero. Even at two the action seemed to uncontrollable. Worked my way through to the first boss and after three attempts my mithril is gone! Controls are a struggle for me, the original had excellent controls while this is okay at the present moment. Can't seem to move away fast enough from the first boss. It's hilarious trying to avoid the boss when my guy feels like he is running in wet cement..
    Ok I reset the sensitivity to two and tried again, yes that is better for movement. I did defeat the boss but then the game crashed, I reopened and I'll have to defeat that boss again. The game has been crashing a little bit today

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #42 Nekku, Oct 2, 2014
    I personally wouldn't use Mythril to respawn. You will still earn Materials and Cash even if you die. Buy yourself some potions (they are relatively cheap compared to the amount of cash you gain by doing missions) and try it again. If you realise that it will take you forever to take a boss down or he is killing you in no time then you're simply undergeared. For the first boss, get yourself the second armor set to get higher HP (it's two times the amount compared to the first one) as well as the red Void (does ~2400 damage on explosion). Also, upgrade your Assault Rifle a couple of times. If you are short on Cash, do some Explore missions. You'll be rich in no time so you can gear yourself out very fast. If you did all this, the first boss will be a joke, I promise. He even doesn't do any "real" damage to you if you're wearing some good gear.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I haven't even noticed the lack of auto-aim during boss fights :D Goes to show just how much I played the game on auto-pilot, and how litte resistance I encountered for the first few hours.

But (like I indicated in my previous post), perhaps the game becomes a truly twitch- and skill-based affair at the higher echelons of play, in particular situations. But as long as the running and gunning with disposable hordes remain in between (do tell me if it does not, and I'll be all the happier for the news :) ), I've not the patience.

4. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the tips!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Also, stop shooting when you need to get out of harm's way. You move faster while not shooting.

6. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Lol thanks, I should have remembered that from the original. Just defeated the first boss...yippee

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Awesome!

And hey, can someone create a Tavern/Guild thread for this? Im pretty sure we'd be partying up and grinding bosses with each other soon. I already did a few (about 10 LOL) boss runs with a few random people, and it's pretty cool seeing everyone pile up the damage for the trophy kill :D

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #48 Nekku, Oct 2, 2014
    Aw dang! I've totally missed to mention the most important point. :D

Congrats mate! :)

This would be pretty awesome if we could do this. :/
    Not sure how servers are handled though. There are barely any rooms up for Co-Op matches. Either they are non public or there aren't as many players as someone would think.
    I'm too shy to open up a thread by myself so someone else has to do it. ^_^

Again, my ingame name is Raz. Feel free to add me. I've already accepted Chitty's invite but there is still much room left for more.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #49 Nullzone, Oct 2, 2014
    Acheron Bar & Grille - Grand Opening Tonight!

By popluar demand, Acheron Bar & Grille opens its doors tonight!

A tavern & guildhall thread, here you go, folks:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=244198

I'd prefer if we open a separate thread for "add me"s and such, maybe the "Outreach Mercenary Roster" (for those who know Battletech).

And you can find me as "Nullzone" in SW2.

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Two questions, does save game progress sync across to other devices?

Secondly, no offence to the developer but the english spelling and grammar in the first game was not brilliant, how is it in this game?

11. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    It's a very exciting and great game but I don't know if I can stick to it for two reasons. Number one is the game expands to 1.1 g on my device when available space is premium and number two I've just started and I'm already suffering from battle and overstimulation fatigue! Lol Maybe im getting to old for this stuff......
    The fatigue flashbacks come from playing the heck out of the first one

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013

Your first question is a good one cuz I want to know that, too.
    All I can say is that I've downloaded the game first with my NZ account and played it for a bit as well as registering a new account ingame.
    When it became available world wide I've downloaded it from my native AppStore. Logging in my already created account was no problem but my progress was lost completely so I had to start fresh. Can't say if it was related due to a region problem or server issues. The feature to sync your progress with their server is available though. Maybe someone else can clear this up.

The spelling in my native language was bad honestly. I've switched to english cuz I tought it gets better but unfortunately it didn't. If that helps?
    Could be worse though. I don't have any problems to understand anything.

13. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Interestingly, the game lags less when all graphics are enabled then setting them to medium/low graphics on the 4s. Definitely not complaining.

14. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this. I'm finding it difficult to put down. The rewards seem very generous and I was never forced to buy anything but I did spend a few $ about $5 not out of need but just because I felt I was getting too much for free so decided to contribute to the game.

Highly recommended. I enjoyed the first game a lot too.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So... to those of you here who helped with the beta (if there was an open beta), and who have already dumped in loads of time to the game - what do you think the best way to spend Mythril is? Armor, weapons, boosts... ???

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The english is still flawed.

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Been playing a bit more and it's growing on me. Of course when I started the game and died on some levels I foolishly revived myself and I guess that cost mithril? If my aging eyes can endure the brilliant fast paced action and amazing at times psychedelic colours flashing across the screen.... I'd like to echo syntheticvoids question about what's best to spend mithril on...

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I for one would save up all the Mythril you get. There is some gear which is only available for Mythril and I bet that at least one or two pieces of the higher tier armor set costs much Mythril. Same goes for weapons.

Seems like no one mentioned the colors yet. I mean the armor set colors which are giving set bonuses if every piece of your equipped armor matches each other in color. I guess the only way to get set bonuses is to buy the color pack IAP? I didn't saw any other way to change colors yet.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Same for me, I spent my Mythril to buy the 3rd armor set (chestpiece needs it) and the first Assault Rifle that costs Mythril.
    Played a few Co-op matches, and seriously outgunned the other folks.

Huh, the COLORS give set boni too? Well, color me surprised. I saw that wearing a complete set (e.g. all pieces of Helium Armor) gives a bonus, but did not notice that the colors make a difference. Will check that later.
    You can change the highlight colors of your armour with the slider at the bottom of the color palette, for each piece individually.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #60 Nekku, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    I've mixed things up a bit I guess, hah. I've meant the slot colors (green/blue) but yeah, if all of your set pieces contain the same color you'll get some cool bonuses. I remember it was mentioned in the tutorial. The set bonus is in the description but is only activated if all colors match so wearing all pieces of one armor set doesn't activate the set bonus. The IAP isn't necessary for this. x)

Man, I just had one intense battle against FrostStone with another guy (the third guy already died in the pre-battle, heh). We did so good but the connection dropped when the boss was almost dead so I was on my own. Not a problem cuz I had a upgraded sniper rifle with me. I really hope he did it! He deserved it. There aren't many people around yet who know what they are doing so it's always a pleasure to me if someone capable is in my team.