Star Trek Trexels - (by YesGnome, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 12, 2013.

1. r0mulus

r0mulus Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you find it better to target the training of officers to improve the skills they have bonus' for *OR* should you try to get a well rounded crew and improve the lowest ability of every officer?

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i've updated Trexels to 1.4 and now it doesn't work anymore!!! resetted the device, reinstalled the game a couple of times and... nothing!!!

has someone the same problem? :(

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It worked ok for me. It downloaded assets again and it opened just fine. Chek yout internet connection. If that's not the problem, I suggest you use iExplore to get backup of all the documents folder (I think the savegame was there) and you reinstall the game.

4. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #264 mrbiggles, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Game Impressions

its deadly slow and crap time wasting... just WATCH the review video below for a full take on the game and levels, costs and time from your life you wasted away :p from timers, paywall push system.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It seems the game got removed from the app store. We'll see what happens in the end...

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i've already tried with the doc folder backup, but still doesn't work!
    however, i've twitted to the devs, and they answered me that would check the issue, then the game is gone! clearly there is something wrong...

7. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    I still see it in the Canadian app store.

8. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #268 bigjack66, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Why are you advertising a game that is so annoyingly bad? It looks like they're using dungeon master type paywalls here except they're charging for the game as well! And it's not even on the store anyway so what gives?
    Why has this crap got a better score than Flashout which is better in every way? I'm starting to get suspicious!

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It was pure paidmium from the start, but people were a little more forgiving when rating it because of their love for Star Trek, and the lack of Star Trek games. It was like an oasis in a desert, but unfortunately the water was tainted.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I really enjoyed this game when it came out, sure it was half freemium but that didn't stop me from enjoying I what I played and it was only about £1.49 so it's not exactly expensive and for that price I got me money's worth out of it.

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, agree with oooooomonkey above. I had a great week with it before moving on. It was less than two pounds and I certainly got my monies worth. I don't even particularly like Star Trek just thought I'd give it a go at the time. If you don't like the look of it then I'd look at something else.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Uninstalled last week, but I made a backup of the game's folders. I don't want to lose my lvl 50 film-crew savegame ;)

13. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Playing this game after spending half a day with FTL on the iPad REALLY highlights the incredible stupidity of anyone who would drop a cent on "dilithium." I feel like an idiot for having spent the couple of bucks to try it out.

The tragedy is that there is a hint of a halfway decent Trek experience here, but it's quickly smothered by paywalls, timers, etc. The owners of the Star Trek license really ought to litigate against the designers for turning Trek into such a steaming pile of time-wasting # excrement.

14. leschaps

leschaps New Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Tapping time waster, worth a buck for cute Trek TOS sound fx and pixel-y kitsch, but certainly not worth much more of my life ... $9.99 for different costumes?! Man, what a fan hating price!

3 star distraction for the nostalgia, one star for the actual play value.

15. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I just gave it a shot and agreed that there might have been a brilliant game here if they put half as much effort into entertainment as making money.

Imagine if this had real gameplay: borrow some ideas from FTL for ship-to-ship battles, add decision making and story branches (add a real story for that matter). Some planet exploration, combat with away teams that actually involves combat, replace their inane minigame with some interesting ones that are actually relevant to the situation.

Ditch the IAP and timers, look at a half dozen Kairosoft games to see how the simulation side should work. This way organizing the ship and planning a layout would have some point relevant to the game, and just maybe characters would be more interactive than mining wheat or whatever-the-hell they do in these tap games.

And holy sh-- they would have an A+ mobile game instead of another scummy Farmville wannabe.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The game you described is called Tiny Trek. Check the upcoming games thread for more info on it. It looks very promising.

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
  18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #278 VirtualBoyFreak, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Yeap, and a $2 IAP unlocks TNG uniform, TNG ship and commander Data. Plus the fighting minigame has been redesigned, offering more variety. Now you can watch videos to get free dilithium and resources. I've reinstalled and played more, and I'm enjoying it again :) and one-time IAP are much more affordable now.

19. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Or it could end up like Star Command. Which seems the more likely outcome.

Did anybody bother to ask this guy what his business model is? It's also highly probable that they're funding the next scummy freemium game like Godus turned out to be.

20. virag0

virag0 Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    sysadmin
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi,
    I just got a trexels update and it gave me 25 dilithium as a reward, but the game was
    crashing before that. In the hope of the bug being fixed, I restarted my session
    but it still crashes. Apparently there is a way to get this fixed, by contacting the
    developer. Does anyone have info about this, and what do I need to give them to do it?

Thanks!