Star Trek Trexels - (by YesGnome, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 12, 2013.

1. KenDallas

KenDallas New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    #221 KenDallas, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    I have found 9 objects that give a dilithium crystal in the combat mini game. I thought this might be helpful to some.

You will always get one dilithium per mini game. My strategy is to play until i get the dilithium and then quit out and start a new game. The chances of getting two in one game doesn't justify the time spent. You should be able to farm at least 10-15 dilithium per hour. I don't bother shooting anything else - even the comets only take away 3 of each resource, which is nothing. Just be sure to watch out for pirates when trying to collect your dilithium!

Edit: This is not a good game. But somehow it keeps drawing me back. Maybe I was just in the mood for a new time mgmt game or maybe it's the IP. /shrug

I have spent maybe 10 hours grinding the mini game and I have all the TOS characters except Kirk, that will take me a few more hours. Unlocking the TOS characters makes the exploration missions much easier, just don't assign them to your bridge crew - you can't use the bridge crew for missions... wtf?

Attached Files:

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Is anyone else having a problem with the Jefferies Tubes boosting power production at level 28? It's not working for me.

Still enjoying the game enough to keep playing. I just love Star Trek, I suppose.

3. Bearcules

Bearcules New Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Missions

Why do half the missions require me to take my "reserve" crew? That is annoying.

Also I just did a mission where despite having crew with 100+ engineering! the mission reported that my crew engineering experience was 0.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I still enjoy it a lot too, even though it's a paid freemium game. I'm on level 33 and the 3rd sector. Trying to level up to purchase more space in the ship. Already have 13 workers (12+1 premium), Kirk and Spock. I guess I'm just too trekkie :D

5. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah, this is definitely a bug - I've encountered this quite a few times... very annoying.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Great idea for a game. Either make it free or get rid of timers/IAP and I'll get it. Otherwise, there are much more productive space sims I can spend my time/money on.

7. $P4RT4N

$P4RT4N Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Fun game totally ruined by IAP and timers. 1 ⭐️

Enjoyed it until I hit the huge paywall.

8. Gamehenge

Gamehenge Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 8, 2012
    Im lvl 34 amd playing pretty casually. i've yet to pay any money, and i have enough crew to keep things moving forward. There are a few quests that stay on my list because i wont pay money. Also ran into that bug where it calculated my average skill as 0, but i still beat it. Maybe it just shows the wrong value?

i really like this game for what it is. i've got my money's worth.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In the 3rd sector I got the "skill 0" bug and had to use 2 dilithium to finish the mission, but I didn't get the bug again.

I haven't paid anything aside from the $3 for the game and I've got my money's worth too. I'm level 37, have Kirk, Spock and McCoy in my crew, as well as some premium rooms. I've grinded a lot of dilithium from the shooter and I'm training my crew to increase their specs at the same time as I grind for more dilithium and create more of the yellow, red and blue currency.

Even though I don't regret buying it, I'm a trekkie, so I understand the statements of those who say this should be a freemium title. IMO the game should be free, or cost $1 at the utmost, and each costume-IAP should be $1 each, not $10 each as they are now. I for sure won't be spending any money at all on dilithium, and I won't get the costumes for $20 either. Too expensive for a reskin.

10. TREXELS Game Updates

***UPDATE: Adjustments have been made to many areas of the game:

- Officer Task Times
    - System Probing Duration
    - Room Costs
    - Asteroid Mini Game Difficulty
    - Additional Modifications

Check them out, and thank you for all the support! We look forward to continuing to refine and expand the Trexels experience!

Sincerely,
    The Team from Star Trek Trexels

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Too late for me - got to level 33 and then got tired of it. Got my money's worth but not enough meat on them bones, bones.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Welcome to the forums :) Now that you're here, may I suggest you adjust the dilithium ocurrence? Or you could even reward players on a daily basis. Sure, it's the premium currency and the game's business objective is make money, but the $3 entry fee IMO should offer a bit more than just a freemium model.

You could also add more minigames in which to obtain dilithium, such as controlling the Trexelprise around, avoiding meteorites and collecting goods (check Game Boy's Star Trek 25th Anniversary to see what I'm talking about). Grinding for dilithium only in the space shooter ends up being tedious. I love the game as a great Tiny Tower alternative, but I ultimately have to agree with the people here that this is a freemium game with a $3 entry fee.

Btw, if you ever decide to lower the price of the IAP uniforms, let me know. Thanks.

13. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I agree I deleted this game off my iPod because I have like 5+ missions that include buying rooms that cost 25 dilithium. It's like the game is begging me to spend real world money. This game is fun and I love Star Trek but I will never play this game again until they fix the dilithium issue. At least nimblebit games Are liberal with the ways they allow you to earn "premium" dollars. And they are FREE.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    All the dilithium I've used comes from levelling up, missions and the shooter minigame. I have 7 original Star Trek crew (Kirk, Spock, Checov...), as well as some premium rooms. Unfortunately, what you say is true: the game begs us to spend real world money...

15. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    How much time do you spend on the game in a day to get that many classic characters and rooms?

I only play it whenever I can find free time (which is not a lot), probably 10 to 15 mins a day. I have just finished Sector 2, have Chekov and Sulu and 2 Premium Rooms.

Completely agree that the game lures you to pay real money. Unfortunately the game is so shallow and monotonous that most people, including myself, will lose interest very soon.

Why can't anyone make a decent Trek game!!???

16. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Support? You mean cash. To anyone looking at this - Don't bother. I deleted it from my iPad after a week or two. Got midway through sector 2 and was bored to death, and tired of the begging to spend more real world money (and a pretty hefty amount) on a game I already spent real world money on.

This game is the perfect example of everything wrong with the App Store today. It could have been awesome and made the developers money long term. Instead they chose for the quick money grab that further destroys the franchise.

To the Devs: If you wish to further profit, I'd suggest making it FTP and lowering the IAP costs. That, at least, would be upfront about it being the business model it is. Of course it will tick off everyone who has already paid for it - but they probably are anyway...

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    well said Tommet!

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #238 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    I've spent a lot of free time on the game, to be honest. It's an ideal game to play in short sessions of a few minutes while you think on other things. I haven't lost interest because I'm a completionist, love Star Trek and enjoy these kind of games. Tiny Tower, Pocket Planes, Pocket Frogs... they're all more of the same, but with different themes. Trexels is the one that I like. If you read the texts of all the missions, they have the original Star Trek feel to them, but gameplay could be more varied. I can think of many minigames which could make the title a whole lot better and more varied. For example, there could be a room which is a training simulator, giving you many different minigames: land space shuttles in the hangar, manueuver the Texelprise around space, the shooting minigame there already is, etc.

19. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I'd like to recommend a change. I'd like to have a confirmation screen before you spend Dilithium on mundane things such as speeding up building/missions since as it is, it's very easy to mistakenly click the use Dilithium button and waste it on things you don't intend to waste it on in the first place. I restarted the game twice because of this.

On a side note, how do you get the named characters? I'm up to Sulu only as of the moment. Do I need to buy them using Dilithium or do you unlock them eventually? Thanks!

20. toliman

toliman New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Looks like yesgnome are not going to improve dilithium cost or generation until 2256 ...

As for characters, you can "buy" extra crew that you can swap for bridge officers, I initially grabbed sulu at the beginning, and didn't realise there was a series of quests or "boosts" that the IAP accelerated, and got stuck, as I hadn't enough resources to level the rest of the crew up, to progress in sector 2 missions (pre update)

2 IAP crew are about on par with regular crew, the 25+ IAP crew like Chekhov, kirk, sulu, do much better, but the problem is, you'll really need 2 of them to jump ahead without using the holodeck.

If they had a premium building, that took a % of resources per day for dilithium, I might come back. Or some way to farm IAP other than cash.

The review by angry joe on YouTube was also scathing, resource costs in sector 2, redefines grinding. http://youtu.be/w_AgjWkNGew

sulu has a few extra levels and generally outstanding attributes for completing missions without having to holodeck grind your captain(s) or tech /medical staff for those missions that require diplomacy or engineering at higher levels than you have resources for. Otherwise, not really worth the outlay, since you'd need 2 IAP crew to get ahead where missions need 2 crew, and not one.
    Just not worth it in the long run.