Star Trek ® - Wrath of Gems (by Genera Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sivad, Sep 17, 2015.

1. HLP12

HLP12 New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I'm enjoying it so far. I think it's sort of the game that Star Trek fans wanted to hate, but is actually pretty good. The graphics are nice, gameplay is relatively complex for a puzzle game, and there are in-app events. Hopefully they'll continue with those to keep things interesting. I personally haven't had paywall problems. Almost any freemium game can be beat without spending money.

2. Pacifistoffury

Pacifistoffury New Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Cannot play versus event anymore

For the past week, I haven't been able to play a versus event. The program hangs waiting when I press the yes prompt on an event dialog or when I press versus on the menu screen. I'm playing the app on a Touch v8.4. I was able to play versus fine previously. Is anyone else having this problem?

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I've kept playing, and I've got to say that I really like the game. After I managed to get enough coins and dilithium to expand my crew a little bit and level Riker, Worf, Picard, and the Enterprise D up, the game started getting more fun. I'm competitive in the Versus events, so I gain some extra stuff there. I was able to get far enough in the story to unlock the Original Series levels, so now I have characters and levels to play there, plus 2x the Versus events. Overall, I'm really enjoying the game. The strategy is pretty solid, and the nostalgia is strong. Good stuff. I retract my prior negative review, though I do still think it's a little hard to get started.

4. Pacifistoffury

Pacifistoffury New Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Versus problem no longer exists

Seems I can play a Versus event now.

5. Peeone

Peeone New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    So I have been enjoying this - and spent some money on getting slots - but I don't need them all now - doh!

Wondering if there will be more levels/stories released as only have 3 to do...

Also have noticed a glitch/missing link... When you lose a Versus it asks if you want to play again or leave - after recharging my competitors it only allows you to leave no rematch?!?!

Anyone else notice this??

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, that also happens to me. I don't know if the game is doing well or not financially, so it's hard to say if more content will be added.

I do know that they could use some localization help with the story. I'm sure there are thousands of Trekkies (Trekkers... whatever) who would be willing to update the dialogue. I mean, from character driven things like having Picard say "Number One" when addressing Riker, to more grammatical things like the tons of missing apostrophes. I would love to see that all fixed.

7. kaoshavoc

kaoshavoc Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Fast Casual Dining
    Missouri
    Interesting.

I do kind of like this game, but it is a huge grind. I also made the mistake of upgrading with gold early on, but honestly, if you don't make that mistake, I think it is not as bad as people make it out. The missions are hard yes, but the game really kind of wants you to do the vs more, which is where you can get your gold, you can grind old missions as well to get dilithium, and don't be afraid to spend dilithium to rechoose your vs partner. Remember, its those events that get you gold to expand more, and honestly, you probably do not need as many expansion slots as you think you do unless you just want to collect them all (and you know I do).

All that said, it would be cool to have a thread on best people or best crew combinations for fighting.

8. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    I'm still enjoying this game, but it is severely broken. The math and effects of abilities are very off sometimes. When making four and five matches the damage has crazy high scaling. One match five by any opponent usually ends in death. And then for the kicker, their timers are so buggy, that if you force quit, you will get a full amount of health packs when you reopen. I really hold out no hope for this game ever hitting it big or even doing slightly well.

9. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Because of the broken mechanics of the game, team building is easy. In TOS have Alvaro on your team and in TNG have Worf. Fill the rest of your team with your highest level guys. These two characters have six-cost abilities that destroy a bunch of blocks. Due to this games screwy damage scaling, their abilities will kill most opponents.

10. HLP12

HLP12 New Member

Sep 24, 2015
    New campaigns

Saw on Facebook that they are going to add new story modes / campaigns and content from Voyager. Nice!

11. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    How can you say there's no paywall? I stand to lose some decent stuff because I don't have room for it. I can't earn anymore coins in the single player because I can't advance any farther. Coins don't seem to be dispensed in card packs, and the grind to obtain even an insufficient amount of them in multiplayer is ridiculous. I like supporting good games, but I don't like games where the impatient & loaded have all the fun.

12. StarTrekWOG

StarTrekWOG New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Become a Character in Wrath of Gems

Hey all!

Until February 28th you can enter our free giveaway to become a character in Star Trek - Wrath of Gems, and get some official Star Trek swag! It's really easy to enter, no purchase is necessary, and names and email addresses will only be used to contact the winners. Check it out here and best of luck!

Don´t have the app yet? Download it free today!

The Wrath of Gems Team

[​IMG]

13. Snafu

Snafu New Member

Nov 11, 2016
    "Snafu's" Alliance

Looking for more people to fill up our roster. Join the "Snafu's" alliance. All are welcome!

14. Reemus

Reemus New Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Slow loader but fun

The menus and navigation around the game is pretty slow and choppy. Even on a brand new Galaxy it seems to really start lagging in battles.

The arena is quite a mess imo. Even opponents 10 levels below me seem to have more upgrades than me by more than twice my ship (I am lvl30). Not sure how this is possible... Also, many of the battles my opponent seems to be able to hit his/her abilities within 2-3 moves which is also quite hacked. I have taken over 1k dmg in about 4 moves against me from a lvl 18 opponent in the same ship... yet this persons ship has all maxed mods you would find on a lvl 45 ship.

Don'y spend money on this game until they fix whatever the problem is. Obviously there is a gold hack that allows the player to upgrade the ship to max...but not able to level the ship up with dil because it has to be earned...