Universal Star Traders: Frontiers (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jan 30, 2019.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It's already live on Steam and just waiting for the App Store review team to approve it. Full patch notes with pics here!
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/335620/announcements/detail/1738855628179955594

v2.4.73 - 2/2/2019
    - Added 2 new matching blue heavy armor outfits - perfect more regimented military crews and heavy hitters
    - Added matching blue heavy helmet - perfect fit for new armor
    - Added 2 new mission types, negotiation and pilgrimages to faction Prime Worlds or Ryeline Ganne
    - Added new summary screen after accepting a mission, displays Talents used, bonuses, mission cargo changes or requirements (prisoner, package, passenger)
    - New mission summary screen makes exact bonuses to price by Talents very clear
    - Giving repeat firing orders in ship combat opens the Talents list to speed turns
    - Successful use of "Blood Game" Talent boards enemy and prevents escape
    - Improved Boarding Sabotage details on targeted component's damage to ensure best use of boarding abilities
    - Fixed issue with Chaesin Researchers not getting involved in the Plague Era
    - Fixed bug in Pit Fighter V story arc with Gestalt variation
    - Improved auto-save routine to ensure quitting the game any time loses no progress
    - Fixed issues with hotkeys in wild zones

adin, NyxTowa, Son of Anarchy and 2 others like this.
  2. psj2710

psj2710 Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    I rarely play games on my ipad (Use it for books/graphic novels/netflix) but this is one game which i have to. I did find on my iphone x the text was just too small sadly.

But been playing this a lot on my ipad, probably havent done too well but i'm really enjoying it. I watched about 20 minutes of that video mentioned earlier which helped a lot. Really enjoying going from planet to planet trying to make some deals , having the odd attack etc. Getting a bit stuck but i'm finding it really addictive. Well worth the price. Amazing how huge it is with not only the planets but the conversations between people and more. Huge huge game

JasonLL likes this.
  3. desito

desito Active Member

Dec 6, 2016
    #83 desito, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    deleted, sorry but I make a mistake and I don't know how delete a post

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

At this time, translation is a possible future but we can't commit to it. We're working to finish all of our KickStarter commitments, then we'll look at new features, modding, translation as possible futures.

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Version 2.4.75 is now officially live on App Store!
    - Added 2 new matching blue heavy armor outfits - perfect more regimented military crews and heavy hitters
    - Added matching blue heavy helmet - perfect fit for new armor
    - Added 2 new mission types, negotiation and pilgrimages to faction Prime Worlds or Ryeline Ganne
    - Added new summary screen after accepting a mission, displays Talents used, bonuses, mission cargo changes or requirements (prisoner, package, passenger)
    - New mission summary screen makes exact bonuses to price by Talents very clear
    - Giving repeat firing orders in ship combat opens the Talents list to speed turns
    - Successful use of "Blood Game" Talent boards enemy and prevents escape
    - Improved Boarding Sabotage details on targeted component's damage to ensure best use of boarding abilities
    - Fixed issue with Chaesin Researchers not getting involved in the Plague Era
    - Fixed bug in Pit Fighter V story arc with Gestalt variation
    - Improved auto-save routine to ensure quitting the game any time loses no progress

adin, Gwarmaxx, JasonLL and 1 other person like this.
  6. NyxTowa

NyxTowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 13, 2018
    Female
    Norway
    Amazing. Keep up the great work :)

fallen likes this.
  7. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    IOS Game of the Year for me already. And I'm spoiled by all the potential future updates to the game.

If only a quarter of the devs roll out new content as fast as you guys...

JasonLL and fallen like this.
  8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Be sure to leave an update on the App Store. We're already cooking another big one, very exciting :D

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Top notch developers. I have all their games. One the few companies I instabuy. Really solid combination of game styles on this one. Loving it, and I know the support will be second to none.

JasonLL and fallen like this.
  10. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Is there any way to consider having an Auto mode for the boarding combat? After going through the ship combat it’s like restarting the battle again and really slows progress down IMO.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is on our list to have options to skip animations in combats to help increase the pace of play for those players who want to go faster. Use Boarding as a way to achieve ship combat victory -- the Talents your crew can bring can help you get there faster.

adin and Son of Anarchy like this.
  12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thank you!

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Do you have to play the original game first or is this standalone? Thanks!

14. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Absolutely stand alone. If your unfamiliar with the Star Traders universe the game has a lore book which is a great read for new and longtime fans. You can read the lore book from the title screen of the game or from their steam page.

Here is a link to the lore book on their steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/manual/335620

15. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks so much, can’t wait to check it out!

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey Andrew @fallen, i’m playing in the Star Traders universe since the very first one (excellent btw), so i would love to know if there’s a timeline between all games, included Templar Battleforce, and why in this last chapter templars are not even mentioned, do they still exist or have they disappeared?

fallen likes this.
  17. brerlappin

Feb 10, 2009
    Amazing game!

It would be awesome if the in-flight messages could pop out. Sometimes it’s hard to follow along.

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The Templars very much exist. You can find zones they control in quadrants like Cirm (that is, the quadrant from Templar Battleforce) and Alzean Core. Their numbers were vastly depleted during the Exodus and following fight for the colonies. They are not featured in any story arcs yet, as we decided to focus on the two other Zendu sects -- Arbiters and Augurs as they are not often mentioned in the other games.

Timeline? This is really rough --

0 AE - Farfallen Rim quadrant is founded (the quad from Star Traders RPG)
    12 AE - Cirm quadrant is founded and Templar Battleforce starts
    35 AE - Templar Assault starts, though this game jumps all over the first century AE depending on mission
    53 AE - Star Traders RPG starts
    212 AE - Star Traders Frontiers starts after all the quads have been reunited

JasonLL and Gwarmaxx like this.
  19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks, it is on our list to add actually :D

brerlappin likes this.
  20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

great! thanks a lot for this mini guide... still have a question: why ST 4X Empires is never taken into consideration as part of the saga?