Universal Star Traders: Frontiers (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jan 30, 2019.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Hope that Apple can issue a refund. The game is definitely support for the X, but we took the approach to letterbox the screen in a little to avoid the notch. Sorry that's a deal breaker for you. Hope that Apple can help with the refund.

lezrock likes this.
  2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The history goes back a month because we soft launched in Estonia.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I'm Andrew Trese, one of the two developers, please shoot up any questions you have and I can help get answers.

adin, lezrock, Son of Anarchy and 5 others like this.
  4. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    This looks really intriguing, but I’ve never been able to get into the Trese games. Any chance a free trial will be offered with an ability to IAP upgrade to the full version? Similar to some of the other Trese games?

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    it is not optimised for iphone X at all. Both sides of the screen are black (not only the side of the notch but the other too.) also the side of the screen where the home indicator is is black.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

No, we don't have plans at this time to offer a free demo of the game, sorry.

Quoad likes this.
  7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That’s called letterboxing, and it is a valid optimization approach. Whether you like it or not is a different question. The proportion are correct, though. (See Chuchel for another example of this kind of optimization).

fallen likes this.
  8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well, I just discovered my “crew” screen for the first time, and tbh my first thoughts are “Holy fkn sh1t!”

I’ve been dibbling in Halcyon for a while recently, and tbh had got a bit bored quite soon. It feels a bit strategically thin.

This is sort of diametrically in the opposite direction.

Think I’m about to restart, having shafted my early game reputation with several factions thanks to forgetting who was who (combined with undue enthusiasm for testing out weaponry / boarding strategies #rofl)

Great work, basically.

A bit pathologically great, but great nonetheless.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

A few tips -- use stars to help organize them.

In the Visual tab, you can mass assign uniforms to different jobs or character groups. That can help too.

Crew auto-train their Job, so there is no work there. In the top left of the Crew Tab there is an Auto-Train button to do Talents. It's pretty smart. It will also only train those characters in the current filter. I often play quickly by blue starring everyone I want to Auto-Train. Filter > Blue Star > Auto-Train. Then deal with the few remaining ones by hand.

Enjoy!

Quoad, Gwarmaxx and JasonLL like this.
  10. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I thought the iOS App Store didn't give refunds. Has this policy changed?

11. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    How does it run on a first generation iPad Air? Is the screen size optimal?

12. Sazonov

Sazonov Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    also games...
    Incredible game, most certainly top 10 of 2018. I've played it on Steam and it has many elements of all my top all time 'space adventures', like Star Control, and other cool games like Darkest Dungeon.

Gwarmaxx, fallen and TokyoDan like this.
  13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Yes, it will run on first gen iPad Air. We've worked hard to optimize the game for each Apple device. iPads do great.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    @fallen hey Andrew, like always... a sublime piece of software!!!
    TB still is a tremendous strategy game, but this one is astonishing...

can i suggest you to enable the screen rotation? just for those like me that prefer the home button on the right, thanks.

meanwhile, for those who complain about that, you can open lore or wiki on title screen, rotate the phone, and back to the game ;)

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is on our bug list as of today :D What device are you on specifically? We're gathering details about those having issues so we can be sure to fix it completely for all iOS devices.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i'm on a 6S.

fallen likes this.
  17. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi Andrew,

Just want to say I am a big fan of Templar Battleforce and looking forward to this game.

Want to ask if there's a possibility to add bigger font option. I'm on iPhone 6S and the fonts is just borderline readable for me. Also like to recommend screen rotation for our device.

Other than that, the game is looking great. Looking to spend hundreds of hours on your game... again.

18. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I would pick this one up in a heartbeat.

But the things holding me back are the size of the HUD and texts on an iPhone X. Okay, I can still manage with the HUD but this is a game with a lot of reading involved (one of those nerd games that I love), and I feel it could be tiresome if played for long duration on an iPhone X.

Still no mobile gameplay, impressions or reviews that I could find. So will wait and watch how that pans out.

19. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    https://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/star-traders-frontiers/

fallen and Rocksaint like this.
  20. Papicus65

Papicus65 Active Member

May 8, 2013
    A workaround for the screen-rotation issue: if you follow the link to the wiki in the main menu page and flip the screen there, it will stay rotated when you go back to the game. BTW this is a masterpiece!