iPad Star Ride price drop

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AndreaM, Jul 4, 2009.

1. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #1 AndreaM, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Jun 12, 2009
    5 promo codes to give away
    The first 5 replies to this post will get the codes.

3. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    cool thanks!

4. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    #4 Combzzz, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    this game looks really cool!
    and i wanna try it out :D

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I'll give it a try

6. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I'd like a promo code, I've always been a fan of Winter Bells and this looks really good.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Can I have one?

8. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Jun 12, 2009
    And that's five
    Fast as usual :D
    Codes on their way

9. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    LOL, I saw your original post, bought it, then returned to see that codes were later given out! Ah well, 99 cents won't break my piggybank. :)

10. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Sorry :D
    And thanks, hope you'll enjoy the game

11. mike84

mike84 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    ah, missed the promo codes. oh well, ill try out the lite version, then maybe buy it :)

12. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #12 djflippy, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    I do. It has a nice aesthetic, very different from other games in the genre. It may sound silly, but my favorite part is the opening area, prior to your jump. I wish that mood could be more apparent, once you are in the sky (I have no idea how to achieve that, BTW).

I do wish the controls were a little more responsive; I feel like there is a bit of lag when you aim your jumper, as he hops from star to star. Another issue is that my finger often obscures my view of the stars I need to land on. Tilt controls would address this issue, but it may be too drastic of a change. Have you considered allowing portrait mode? A game about jumping to stars seems like it would be better suited to that orientation and it may resolve the aforementioned issues.

Good luck with your game. Hope it does well for you.

13. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    #13 Palfince, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Thanks for the promo code and I'm also really enjoying this game. The atmosphere of it is amazingly relaxing. The graphics look really good, they are simple but suit the game extremely well. The twinkling stars in the background are wonderful and the simple white silhouette of the character with a trail of sparkles coming from him are amazing. I also really like the way the character starts off as a black shadow silhouette until you jump up in the air, at which point he kind of flies like an angel.

You can really tell that Winter Bells really influenced you for this game and Star Rider is a pretty good iPhone version of it. The only problem is, it doesn't feel as smooth as Winter Bells. I don't know if it's the slightly jolting animation of the character or the way it lags slightly behind your finger but it doesn't feel quite right. I also think that the animation of the character should be changed so that the character doesn't seem to slide and walk super fast.

Overall this is a really good version of Winter Bells for the iPhone and well worth $0.99. Also the icon is really cool:

[​IMG]

It looks great on my home screen.

14. AndreaM

AndreaM Member

Jun 12, 2009