Universal Star Realms (By White Wizard Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Aug 14, 2014.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Out of courtesy and respect, I'm not going to comment on that appalling joke. I think it best we just move on, pretend like it never happened and we'll not speak of it again, ok?

Now go hang your head in shame.

#

....almost thought I had you in that last game. Down to 5 points, not too shabby for a new player! Well played.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As you'll find, even with my now years playing this game, I'm not that tough of an opponent. I foolishly am always playing far too many matches at once and thus have little recollection of what is currently the situation at hand in any specific one.

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    That's really encouraging to hear.....its not just me then! I have exactly this problem - have found keeping it to around 4 games and checking my card/discard pile before each turn really helps to refresh my memory and retain focus on a strategy.

4. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    This is really a fun game if when I lose I enjoy the match. The campaign really makes it interesting and challenging. I beat the AI on medium most of the time time to move up I know their is luck envolve bur it does seem like strategy is evolved. Is there not a lot of love for this game on iOS.

5. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    I like Ascension but there is no campaign mode I beat the AI every time and I halve don't even know what Iam doing.

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    @ LordGek, Skoptic, Delerium et al....

....so sorry for forfeiting the games on CR and SR, completely unintentional - in the process of moving house (well, packing at the moment but moving next Tuesday) so had my hands a bit full the last few days. Will do my best to stick with the new games - if by any chance I miss the play deadline, don't hate me! And if that does happen, I'll leave any invites until after I've moved and my focus is back in the game......although looking at my stats, it would appear that focus has very little to do with my win/loss ratio anyway!

Thanks for your patience.

7. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Heh... Never any need to worry here! Kids, hobbies, work, life, needing to not look at the iPad and spend time with my wife. There are a million ways I will likely forfeit matches over time ;) I just went camping, then ill for a few days - it's a miracle I didn't forfeit before you.

Hope the house move goes well :) (most stressful thing in anyone's life apparently ;))

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ditto.

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Thanks guys. To be honest, I've managed to avoid (read: state of denial) the stress so far....however, it's ramping up considerably the closer we get to moving day.

On the plus side, great fun building forts out of cardboard boxes with my 3 year old daughter! #

10. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    What's with the campaigns in this game? They're so much more difficult than the AI. I've been reading threads on BGG and it seems the key to winning is just replaying until you catch a break. That kinda sounds like there's no real strategy involved beyond being lucky. I hope that's not the case, because slot machines aren't much fun for me.

11. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    In the end isn't that the way all card games are skill can only take you so far.

12. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I would like to buy this game but if I wanted to buy all the dlcs (expansions), then how much money do I have to spend? App is free but to unlock it, you have to pay 5,50euros. What next after €5,50?
    Thank you.

13. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    If you’ve wanted to buy this but have not yet, this Is the time. The Full Version iap is on sale for $0.99, U.S. I have no idea how long this sale will last.

tops2 likes this.
  14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Wow! Thanks for the info! Been randomly playing this from time to time over the years but never picked up the full unlock.

Do you know if any of the expansions are on sale?

15. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    >>Do you know if any of the expansions are on sale?

There are quite a few iaps but I don’t know their regular prices. At the moment the app lists 10@$1.99, 2@$3.99, and 2@$4.99 (U.S.). I’m guessing those are regular prices. A quick internet search suggests the Frontier Expansion @$4.99 offers the most bang for the buck so I’ll pick that up too. If I really like the game I’ll probably buy the rest as well.

tops2 likes this.