Universal Star Realms (By White Wizard Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Aug 14, 2014.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I love that you can do now pickup games against random strangers, there must not be any sort of filter. I just got matched up with Bugbatteries, the #3 player in the world (31st level), and I can't even get past 5th level!

2. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    So how did it go? #

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    -37 to 53...I'll let you guess who scored what. :p

4. Mack the Knife

Mack the Knife Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #104 Mack the Knife, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    never mind, i had a question about the Challenge Cards (bosses like Nemesis Beast) but i found the answer.

5. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Sorry to revive an old thread - are you guys (or anyone for that matter) still playing this with any frequency? Having just been (re)bitten by the Ascension bug, I'm looking for something else card based to sink my teeth into. I played the campaign when it first released but never stumped up for the full game release - I'm set to press the buy button but just didn't want to find I'm the only one kicking around the servers!

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Still playing and I can get a multiplayer game within 30 seconds any time of the evening (UK time) .. I think the multiplatform multiplayer means it has a lot of traction. Hopefully the same with Cthulhu Realms, but mostly been playing AI and a few mp games... But dropped cash to get both of them unlocked - well worth it.

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Cool, that's really good to hear - I'm loving CR as well, great games. Thanks for the reply - especially useful as I'm in the UK too. Cheers

8. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #108 ZS77, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    If anyone wants to add me:

Daedalus77

Just found a small bug I think - when viewing the cards that can be bought, holding your finger down zooms in to view them with green arrows to move between them. This only works for the 2nd card in the row onwards - the first card can be zoomed but you can't switch to the next card, there's no arrows present. Closing the card and opening the next one is the only way. iPhone 6S iOS 9.0.2

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Has anyone had a problem trying to purchase any of the expansions? I hit buy and it asks for Apple password/thumbprint as normal, asks to confirm purchase and then says:

"Purchase of this item is not currently available. It is being modified. Please try again later."

It's the same for all of the DLC - Gambits and Crisis packs and has been like it all evening. Any ideas?

10. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Did this work for you in the end?

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    No, still the same problem now. Also can't purchase the full unlock for Cthulhu Realms.

I purchased the full unlock for Star Realms fine a few days ago though.

I was wondering if it's because my devices are jailbroken - is anyone else using jailbroken devices to play these games? And is anyone else with non-jailbroken devices experiencing this or any issues online?

Very frustrating.

12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Now I'm getting "Product not found" in the purchase button when I try to select an expansion. Bellow that it say "Unable to find com.starrealms.gambit (or whichever expansion I try to select). Very odd. Shame White Wizard or the devs don't check this forum.

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Just had an email from White Wizard - they are having problems with purchases through Apple App Store and are investigating. Until it is fixed, you may have difficulty buying any expansions or dlc. Will update when fixed.

Thank God it wasn't my jailbreak restricting my access, can't wait to get my hands on this properly!

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Finally! Success! Just bought all 3 expansions and now finally able to play properly!

SR name is Daedalus77 if anyone fancies a game!

Unfortunately, CR still seems borked for the moment. :(

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Can anyone confirm if app badge notifications work for Star Realms?

The option is selected in Notifications and it works fine in Cthulhu Realms. All I get with SR is the banner at the top of the screen and in the notification centre but no red badge on the app itself?

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I was just wondering this myself. As far as I can tell that red app badge has NEVER worked on SR.

17. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Bit odd that, would have thought it was fairly easy to implement - especially considering CR uses it - perhaps it was just an oversight by the Devs?

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Speak of the Devil, I think they finally got it working with this latest Heroes update.

19. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Yeah, just noticed that myself! That should make things a bit easier to keep up with.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes, now there is no "Realm" you'll be safe in!