Universal Star Nomad Elite, 2d spacesim tribute to elite, privateer & escape velocity!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AH_Phan, Dec 2, 2014.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Don't forget Rogue Star!

2. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks I'll check that one out.

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Any idea when the sound fix is coming to star nomad ?

4. AH_Phan

AH_Phan Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    #224 AH_Phan, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    I was hoping Apple fixes the bugs they introduced with iOS9. I will try to do a work-around soon when I find some time. About to release on Steam so I've been too busy lately. My apologies.

Edit: Basically they reversed the way they handle audio for the Nitro JIT engine. I can fix it, but if they release another update that reverts it, it will now break because of my work-around fix. I'll test it tomorrow to see if the update won't impact save-games as well because they changed slightly how they handle localstorage.

Edit2: SOB, it crashes on my iPad 2 Mini on the latest iOS9.1 update exported from the latest version of Xcode on the latest version of OSX on the Mac Air (I was required to update everything to test new builds)... and I have no idea why. :( Stuck on loading and Xcode not reporting anything wrong.

5. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Does this new update bring back the sound? If so I'm pulling the trigger on this right away!

6. AH_Phan

AH_Phan Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Yes, and music works properly too, at least on my devices. New save format that is compatible with iOS 9 and 10+, using Apple's default methods (which they changed from iOS8).

7. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    #227 cadillackills, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Purchased to support any developer that cares enough to respond! Can't wait to try the second. Cheers sir!

Just spent 20 minutes with this, gonna have a fun night! Great so far.