Universal Star Nomad 2 (by Anh Huy Phan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 1, 2016.

1. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I put them in order of least to most expensive, top to bottom, respectively. Then, mind how many times you hit the button in combat. Fire the cheapies, wait for reload, repeat. For capital ships and cruisers, fire everything.

2. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I'm still trying to find certain T2 and T3 missles. But what I have been doing is use an emp on my first one then my other missles....

You said it resets? Also what is the perk with missles I don't understand how it works

3. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    Missiles are potentially huge, if not cheap, damage. If you put points into the missile line of the skill tree, they eventually become ridiculous.

Some ships have three bays for missiles. I put the purple 4 ones in the first two bays for securing kills on fighters and corvettes, and only fire the third bay (big torpedo) for cruisers and capitals.

4. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Yeah I'm working on my missle skill line. Which ones are the best?

How do you not fire the 3rd?

5. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    The damage ones, natch.

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This does not work on iPad 4 at all?

7. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    My Air runs out of operating memory OFTEN while playing this game, even in lo-fi mode. I have to imagine it would absolutely punish anything earlier than an Air.

8. AH_Phan

AH_Phan Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Higher tier modules are available at the major worlds, though it's faction specific so if it's tier 3 Drones you are after, you have to check Starborn, Free Union and Black Market places. The Empire do not specialize in high tech drones.

Imperial Pilots consider your squad as mercs, free Pilots essentially. Some of them don't like the fact the Empire hire outsiders, out of pride. There's a lot of flavor comms.

Once your reputation is very high, Bounty Hunters will turn tail and run or not even accept the contract for you at all. These contracts are put by your enemies, this includes the major factions as well as competitive merchants who dislike you beating them to trade crises often or smuggling too much drugs.

Capital Ships are only available in Roguelike difficulty, as a bonus content that I added post release on Steam. There's a Capital Carrier (Nadeshiko) and Capital Battleship (Tannhauser), both are incredibly powerful, which you may need to help win in Roguelike (perfectly winnable with a Frigate or Cruiser with good Player skill & spec).

Only 3 main squad recruits, I had planned for 6 with their own unique ship, talents & story line and such but I bit off more than I could chew..

9. AH_Phan

Aug 27, 2014
    I am told it runs well on iPad 4 from some players via email. I did not have a device on hand to test. A lot of it depends on how many background apps people have running as well.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for the info, AH Phan. Found them on the weekend on a conquered Omni world ;)

Now it makes sense. And you did a great job with the flavour comm messages, really like the ones I've seen so far.

From the comm chatter I get for those, it looks as if some Bountyhunters are annoyed that I'm stealing all the glory and kills. I wonder how high my reputation needs to be for them to turn tail. I've seen messages from Pirates like "Oh crap, my first run and we have to encounter an Elite squad." So those guys definitely recognise us, which is a really nice touch ;)

Any chance I can convince you to make those available for us non-hardcore players too? :)

No worries, three really is enough in terms of squad size. I was just wondering if I missed any.

11. O'Doyle

Jun 23, 2012
    #231 O'Doyle, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    It's the only app running, and I sweep the memory clean before launching, AND I run it in lo-fi mode.

It runs great, then slows considerably, then eventually white-screen lockup and I have to quit to springboard, quit app from multitasking tray, then relaunch.

12. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    @AH_Phan

Started over Merchant in Rogue. If you click yes to the starting tutorial, the part where you press to hold your item to move it onto the ship, the item disappears. You can click another tab and then back and see it, but when you press it to move it, it literally disappears. Even if you then move it like you normally would to the slot, nada.

It does NOT happen if I click X to the tutorial. Seems reasonably reproducible.

13. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Awesome on the ipad pro works fine

14. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Can anyone tell me how to get a wingman ive been playing for hours have a faction standing of 800 but still no wingmen and i cant seem to find how i get one?

15. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    There are three to get. You have to meet certain criterion for each to join. Certain in-game chatter does point you to the correct systems, though, and there's a exclamation mark mission that sends you to Ionus to get Talon as soon as you're able. She'll be a portrait on the top right when you dock. Click to talk, if you meet the requirements, she'll join. Otherwise, she'll tell you what you need to do. For Talon, I think it's just a small level requirement, though.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    And you need 15.000 cash to hire her. Not much, but still good to know in advance.

Got a question of my own, especially for the folks who already completed the game:
    I am fighting for hours already in the southeastern quadrant to bring the Omni down (I am allied with the Human Empire).
    However, I do not seem to make any progress past the Empire conquering Betelgeuse, Meissa, Alnitak and Alnilam. I tried attacking the next Omni planet in line a few times, destroying their garrisons. But that doesn't seem to entice the Empire to attack that planet.

Worth mentioning that in the southwest corner, Empire and Federation are constantly fighting over one or two planets, which also binds resources. Unfortunately that's too many jumps away to just go there everytime an attack occurs.

Do I miss something, or do I just have to be patient?

17. AH_Phan

Aug 27, 2014
    Thank you, I'll log this one for the next update to fix.

18. AH_Phan

Aug 27, 2014
    It looks like the Empire has no more ships to spare if they are being attacked on multiple fronts.

You may have to return to spank the Starborn and push them back into their systems, ie. defeat their invasion then launch a counter into one of their worlds. Your allies will then have ships to spare and you'll take a world or two from the Starborn.

This is while the Omni lay siege to reclaim their lost system, but it takes time to resolve naturally so there's time for you to scoot back and help them after you've captured a few Starborn systems to hurt their economy (less ships to raid your Allies).

If you really want to neuter them badly to buy time, smuggle some drugs to their Homeworld and ports. The mass addictions last awhile and hurts their economy massively.

If you're on Roguelike, it's REALLY hard to win.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for the info, AH_Phan.
    This might get a tad difficult: The last time I went to help with taking a Starborn world or two on the southwest side, the Empire lost Meissa and Betelgeuse again, so in the end we just traded systems on the two fronts.

And aren't the Starborn and Omni supposed to run out of ships just like the Empire? They are constantly attacking on at least 2 fronts.
    Starborn keep attacking in the southwest, and at the same time constantly try to take back the two planets we conquered from them in the southeast as well.
    Omni keep attacking Meissa and I obliterate their fleet everytime they show up.

Not going to smuggle drugs, at least not this time. Will keep that in mind for another playthrough. Seriously considering to start a second one, siding with the Omni early on and see where that goes.

I'll give taking a Starborn world or two in the southwest another try, see if it that helps.

And I'm playing on easiest difficulty, Roguelike I find way too annoying :)

20. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm on rougelike and I think I hit that wall you're talking about. I was hanging in Betlegeuse, taking out wave after wave of Starborn scum, when chance hit me with a one-two punch from a Starborn and a pirate.

Boom.

Back to Neo-Eden. Now, I'm running food and meds to Empire planets in need, shoring up the homefront while rebuilding my war chest to snatch up a more powerful ship to head back into the fray. I may take a left turn at Albequerqe this time, and take the fight to the Starborn instead of fending them off on the border of Omni space.

I also had a pretty cool assignment from the Empire, asking me to smuggle a package to a Starborn planet. Waiting anxiously to see what fruit THAT one bears.