Universal Star Knight (by JungSang You)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 20, 2016.

1. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    66% off.. (.99 cent sale).. I may as well jump on the band wagon here! Looking forward to playing.

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Just bought yesterday at full price and don't mind. Game is totally worth the non-sale price of $2.99. At $.99, it's a steal

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Agreed. The game totally exceeded my expectations.

It's ashame If the dev had to do the price drop of it wasn't selling well.

4. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Totally agree, it's rough for them, but I'll keep supporting premium games ☺️

5. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    I must say that this is a very cool game.. Tons of weapons and skills to unlock.. Multiple chapters with integrated stages. Multiple Arenas. Tight (adjustable) controls. Very clean UI.. High production values.. Cloud save option. Gold (used to buy weapons and upgrade skills) seems to flow pretty freely with regular play.. SK is worth the full price, and a complete no-brainer while on sale. If you enjoy platformers in general, you most likely will love this game..

6. I don't enjoy platformers, so wasn't going to pick this up before. But just grabbed it for a buck, even if it ends up in my backlog of unplayed games. :p

Just confused about the price drop, since it was between 30-50 on the top paid charts the last few days. Is that not considered successful anymore?

7. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #67 JohnnyClash, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Probably a calculated gamble on their part. This sale should push them even further up the Top Paid list, which in the long run will work in their favor once they bring the game back up to the regular price.. They are rank 41 (US iPad) now, we will see if they increase or not..

In contrast, Warbits did a launch sale on day one, and they are sitting rank 6 right now.. wow..

If you get around to playing any time soon, I would be interested to hear what your unbiased impressions are of this game, especially since you are a non-fan of platformers in general..

8. Only played a couple of levels so far. First impressions: While I'm not a fan of buttons, the controls are a lot more responsive than, say, with "Toby." I don't feel like I have to look for the buttons -- my fingers land where they need to.
    But I feel like I do so little damage with my sword. It's taking like 10 hits to kill a fairly small regular enemy. That seems odd. And I took a look at the weapons shop and they get really expensive. I hope it doesn't start feeling like a freemium game, where I'll feel pressured to buy coins to get through it?

9. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #69 JohnnyClash, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, I hear ya.. Like you, I've just played a few levels.. But I did upgrade to the next weapon and that chops the critters down pretty quick in the early stages..

I have not opened up any of the skill-sets yet, but I think there is some AOE stuff in the mix that should be fun to play with..

I suppose there will be some inevable grinding for gold, but I have a feeling that regular play mixed with gold acquired from the arenas should do the job.. Time will tell..

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This is a really beautiful game kinda reminds me if one of my old favorites, reaper. I haven't gotten very far yet but so far having tons of fun. I love this style of game the Platformer/ARPG mash up.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh Reaper, one of the best iOS games ever. I really hope they'll make a sequel to that.

Does this game have a similar control to reaper?

Has anyone beaten this game? How long is the game play? I'm tempted but I've been buying KR heroes, keyboard themes, random apps all this past week.

12. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Just bought this as it really does look gorgeous. Also reinstalled Reaper to playthrough again for good measure. :)

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    On sale.... ok

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ouch...

15. So much death on level 7. :(
    Really don't like platformers. :p

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't plan on ever deleting that from my phone actually. Btw it seems Hexage made a new game for Android. Not sure about the iOS release.

On topic, it does sound like this game gets difficult. But I like the sound of the RPG aspects in a platformer.

17. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    How can this be on sale? Only just came out! I've had my eye on Star Knight, but was planning to get Dust AET as my next action fix after seeing off Lost Socks. Now I'm torn. If I get this it will just sit in my backlog folder for the next couple of months. But it's 79p!

It's like the backlog gods are conspiring against me...

18. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    The game has been out for a while apparently, just not in English. I can easily recommend this for its current price, definitely worth it, but man, Dust: AET is by far the better game. Really recommend you get that one!

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Guess I'll have to get both then... Dammit...

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    For what it's worth, I really didn't enjoy this and thought it lacks in several departments. It's probably me though as everyone else seems to be in love with it.