Universal Star Knight (by JungSang You)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    my worry too might wait till someone's beaten it and can say they didn't have to spend any extra $

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Through the first three levels and enjoying. Things to slay, collect, and hidden areas. Controls great as well. All the boxes checked for a great platformer.

3. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #23 Durduhdur, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Sadly I'm getting the GameCenter login fail error so this game won't even boot for me. Which kind of sucks cause my gamecenter was working perfect for a good couple of weeks. I'm excited to try this out though. This could be a warning for those with the GC bug but want to buy this. Maybe save your money until it's fixed.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I have had the Game Center bug for over a year and I got a notice of login failure but the game loaded anyway

5. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #25 Durduhdur, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    I'll keep trying thanks for letting me know. I sort of force closed it after 20-30 seconds. I'll give it a bit longer =]

Edit: it does work I was just being impatient. Also this is a solid game loving it so far.

6. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Anyone have a minimum device spec list for this?

7. teknalb

teknalb Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Has anyone beaten the first boss? I can't find any point where I can hit him without getting completely wrecked.

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I wish more games were still playable without GC like this.

9. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  10. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Really? I beat him on my first try, he has a pretty basic attack pattern... Just jump and get behind him. Which sword do you have? I skipped the first two swords and got the 20.000 one, which does 50 damage with the second skill. Also, you can actually touch the enemies without losing health, you just have to avoid their attacks.

I'm really liking this game, but it still isn't quite up there with Goblin Sword. Still, I definitely recommend it to any fan of the genre, it does bring new mechanics to the table, and unlike The East New World, you won't feel like you're just playing GS with an eastern theme.

11. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I think this is much much better than Goblin Blade. I found GB repetitive, whereas this seems to throw new platforming ideas at you every level, especially starting in the second world.
    And the story related secrets make it more purposeful.

Also GB felt frustrating a lot of the time, this however feels smoother and just has a cooler combat style.

The only issue I had so far was with the first boss, took way too many hits to kill him, but then again my sword was only the second one.

Love the visuals are all glowy and neat.

I know Goblin Blade has a good word on these boards, but this is just so much more fun.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow that sounds good!

13. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I get what you mean, though "much better" is a stretch. I like this game, love the visuals, love the combat, but it lacks polish in certain areas, while GS is a complete experience. The bosses were awesome there. I also think GS has more charm to it, but that could be some kind of nostalgia thing.

Anyway, I still have to complete this one, so I'll reserve my judgement until then, but so far it's a great game for me, just not as good as GS. Anyway, who cares, really? It's a great game for three bucks, people, go get it!

14. teknalb

teknalb Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    I guess I'm just terrible. I was using the 20k sword and almost beat him, but I didn't know you could touch enemies without getting hurt. I ended up just playing a few rounds of arena and buying the 110k sword. It only took 4 or 5 rounds to make enough coins for it, and I completely demolished the boss.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm thinking of purchasing. This does look good. Can anyone please share the Game Center Integration (Achievements/Leaderboards?)

16. yjsplay2002

yjsplay2002 Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello there~!

Hi, I’m a head of indie game studio ‘Left Right’ ( http://lnrgame.com ).

First, We are very pleased to release our game ‘Star Knight’ on App Store and Google play on April 21.

If you have any question or feedback please send me an email or post comment.

This is my team email - [email protected]

And you can find more information about my game at these social links.
    Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/lnrgame/
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/yjsplay2002

I will continue to check this thread and reply as possible as I can.

17. yjsplay2002

yjsplay2002 Member

Apr 21, 2016
    You can buy coin pack with IAPS. But IAPS is optional. You can get a lot of coins while playing stage or arena.

18. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Hi!

Above, I asked about Game Center integration. Can you answer me in this thread at your earliest convenience? Thanks!

19. yjsplay2002

yjsplay2002 Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Thank you

This game has 5 chapters ( with boss ). Each boss has a different pattern.

20. yjsplay2002

yjsplay2002 Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Yes This game has 18 achievements and 5 arena score boards.