iPhone Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy (By Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 9, 2015.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Liking this. As I get better with the controls, I'm starting to feel a bit like a slower version of Ender when I'm issuing orders.

2. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Glad you are enjoying it guys. Please remember to write a review if you like it - it really helps! It also lets us know what to focus on for the future. One of the common things from reviews so far is requests for ship customization which the team are listening to and looking how the next game might deal with that.

3. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    That's excellent news. I'm starting to get into the meat of the campaign now and really enjoying it. I'll write a review as soon as I've finished the campaign on normal difficulty. I hope this game gets more recognition and support, not enough games of this genre about and this one looks like it could become a proper gem.

4. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    One little thing I'd like to be added is a 'Tap to continue' option on the loading screens. I've got an Ipad Air 2 and it loads the game rapidly so I don't get to read all the handy little hints on the loading screen. Thanks :)

5. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    This reminds me of Sid meiers starships. Would that be a reasonable comparison?

6. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Yes, in a way. This one delivers. Much more tactical battles in my opinion. No real resource management.....other than grit.

7. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    How do you refill missiles and counter measures?

8. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    At the end of each campaign chapter all ammunition is refilled.

9. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Thanks. Battles take me a while so I guess I'm not there yet.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah. I'm looking at a restart, having thought this was after every mission :D

Also looking to get in some decent playtime over xmas. This requires (and deserves) more attention than freeblade!

11. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    I restarted a couple times as well once you get the hang it's pretty awesome.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Apols for posting off-topic, seems like a sensible place for feedback - Warhammer Armageddon or that Vietnam game.

Which?

13. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    I haven't played either but the Warhammer game is very similar to Panzer Corp, which was good, just hex battles, Vietnam is more modern take on tbs. I'd choose the Vietnam one if I were deciding between the two, but like I said never played either.

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    ty!

Given I have panzer corp...

And, yeah, Vietnam does look more innovative...

Think I might be pointing down that route.

Scouting online reviews! Have a feeling Armageddon might require a bit too much engagement for my ageing brain :hmm:

15. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Some people here mention about the camera issues, are they going to be looked at? And sounds as reviewed by pt.
    Bought their legion of steel, though not dev by slitherine but publisher, was disappointed by the poor sound effect n overall don't feel I got value for the game price.

Slitherine games generally good and a higher than avg price, I hope they participate more in this forum. Im now looking at review/ game plays of vanguard on YouTube, hope I do like it, as Sid recent space game was rather...

16. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Warhammer is a re-skinned Panzer Corp if you want my opinion. I liked it, but I also liked Panzer Corp. Vietnam is a unique, and an overall, very different experience from Warhammer / Panzer Corp. I'd suggest Vietnam, I loved it!

17. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    Is there an official forum for this game? have feedback and suggestions

18. Colgul

Colgul Active Member

May 15, 2013
    #78 Colgul, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    I find I'm primarily using the top down view and fully 3D view in battles which works well together. One minor thing that I think would improve quality of life and stop a lot of frustration is when your selecting ships for movement or targetting sometimes it will accidently focus on a dead ship requiring you to reacquire your intended target. In a large battle this tends to happen quite often, I can't see any obvious reason to want to select a dead ship so it would be hugely beneficial if they weren't selectable objects (Small Krill fighter being the biggest culprit). Besides this minor annoyance I'm absolutely enjoying this game, really captures well the feeling of commanding a fleet of ships in space.

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Yup, either follow the website link from the App Store, or go to Slitherine site forums.

20. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I'm struggling with this one, TBH.

If we are to exploit the weak spots of enemy ships, how do we find out where the weak spots are?

Any tips would be most welcome,

Thanks

CJ