Universal Star Drift (by Squarehead Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Squarehead Studios

Jan 20, 2015
    Game Development
    U.K.
    Thanks Kelly, appreciate the thumbs up! :)

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    My high score is not visible offline.

3. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I like shmups and I bought this game about 3 months ago, when it was published. I liked it and played for 2 hours and never get back to it again. The visuals and general layout is wonderful. However, there are not enough enemy variations, you always face with the same enemies and it's getting boring after a while. Also you can only choose one powerup at the beginning of each level and it's not possible to proceed with low fire rate and spread. I checked game center and top score is only 200K, I think it's a design problem, a dead end. That's why I stopped playing it after two hours.

4. Squarehead Studios

Jan 20, 2015
    Game Development
    U.K.
    Hi Simoqsa,

I'm sorry you stopped playing so soon. Part of the challenge of the game is to try and keep your ships systems in balance as you progress. If you are deep into the game with low fire rate and spread it will become challenging but certainly not impossible (note, if you have enough credits you can buy more effective power-ups at the end of each stage, including one that will max-out all of your primary systems).

The high score has been over 2 million for some time now.

I hope this information encourages you to give it another go. :)

5. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Thank you for the information, I'll give it another go. However, the lack of enemy variety is still a major problem from my perspective.

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first (and a limited, obviously) time. Thanks to devs! Very recommended! No ads, no IAPs.

7. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Oh yes grab it if you haven't while it's free. This is a very fun and challenging game. Really highly recommended!