Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm indeferent at this point...

2. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Was excited about the game, but not anymore after seeing all the drama and delay. I will definitely NOT be getting this on release day. Will wait for reviews and impressions.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll still be picking this up on day one. Even at 3 hours it stands to be better value and an overall better game than most of what we see on iOS these days. I'm not expecting it to blow me away though.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Agreed. I'll be picking this up. The dev's seem to have spent quite a while :rolleyes: making this so I'm eager to see what they've managed to do.

5. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    #1145 trundley, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    AMAZING. See, i said tuesday or thursday :D

No-one believed me but i told them!

*Dons tin-foil hat*

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Came into thread expecting to see celebrations on an announced release date and instead I read about lawsuits and complaints. Good thing I haven't been following this thread or my experience with the game would be tainted. Or heck, good thing I haven't been closely following the details, almost seems like knowing exactly what you're getting for Christmas. If you have no expectations then even a bad gift isn't so bad.

7. Pass the foil please there's big corporations trying to steal my game ideas...

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Cool, will get this at release.

9. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Luckily I haven't been following this thread or game since it was announced years ago, I'll pick this up wednesday night as I love sci-fi games.

10. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Looks like Star command devs are having a not so civilized conversation with pocket tactics members.
    I'm disappointed with developers, I really thought they would grow thick skin until now, or become more aware of things they say in public after their last debacle on reddit.It is more than obvious that they put lot of work into this game, but we also have to be honest, too much money and dates were lost and broken in meantime, best course of action for them is to be polite and friendly to all , not go postal or argue with haters now that the release is so near, it's not like they're on "top of the world" now.

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #1151 turakm, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    was just reading all of that stuff on pocket tactics. man, these guys are way out there. they told some guy to F*** off and said some stuff to another guy.

I don't see myself buying the game.

12. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    #1152 juls363, Apr 30, 2013
    I'm not going to buy this.

Jk :)

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Finally got the opportunity to update the op with the release info! Can't believe this. INSTABUY

14. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You're not the only doubter. I'll believe it when I see it.

15. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah that was unbelievable.

16. justincoombs21

justincoombs21 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    DESIGNER
    NYC
    #1156 justincoombs21, Apr 30, 2013
    Yeah we cuss at the haters- but that's because we are proud of the hard work we have put into the game.

It is a badass game - and we are happy with the end product - I think the reviews will show this.

I understand some people aren't used to a company defending themselves but those guys were calling us crooks.

How the hell are we crooks? con artists? Thieves?

I think they're utterly unfair in how long and hard it has been in making the game. And they just jump to these vociferous titles and say some outlandish crap - so then we cuss, and say '#### off' to this guy after he kept commenting on our personal life choices (the guys was critiquing my reddit posts universally).

The guy took it to a personal level in a disgusting way- so we said ####-off. among a ton of other well-deserved things.

17. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #1157 Nobunaga, Apr 30, 2013
    I thought it was pretty fair.
    In every thread about this game on PT you get around 10% comments bashing toucharcade. And 50% + being rude and disrespectful about Star Command and it's dev's.
    There're a few posts about TA forum members being juvenile or children and in the next page they're calling Coombs "full retard". I think the response was funny.
    Anyway, I'm glad to hear Star Command is finally on the way. And no IAP.
    Day one purchase for me.

Edit: just saw Justin Coombs reply.
    You know, saying that will just give the people that want to hate this, before playing it, more fuel for the fire.
    Not me. Just throwing that out there though.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure you're gonna win anybody over to be honest Justin, even though many people would probably do the same thing in your shoes.

Anyway I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care if developers are saints or assholes, if a game is good I'm gettin' in on the action.

19. justincoombs21

justincoombs21 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    DESIGNER
    NYC
    Either way...

yeah i suppose you guys can like us or hate us but hopefully even the people that hate us can at least read about the game and maybe give it a try.

There ARE people that really have been loving the game:

Her eis a pre-press review form theweavingknight.com

"I got and redeemed the code and luckily had my iPhone nearby. I’ve basically been glued to it ever since. I can’t wait to get the review up and live on the sight--Star Command is definitely one of the best reasons I’ve ever had to own a smart phone, so I wanted to congratulate you on what is, so far as I’m concerned, the best damn game I’ve played on the device thus far. Star Command is equal parts funny, tough, and visually stellar; it’s the dream for a Massively Effected Star Trekkie on the hunt for a kick-ass spaceship sim."

He sounds to be one of hopefully many Star Command players that are having fun with our game.

20. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    #1160 iamthekiller, Apr 30, 2013
    That's awesome. I'm buying it, and purchasing an extra copy and gifting it to a friend just for hearing that. That will cancel out you for not buying it.

People act like such self entitled ��������ing assholes when it comes to games lately.

�������� off to anybody that gives these game developers any shit. I can't imagine dealing with the trolls of the gaming community.