Universal Star Command - (by Star Command, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 1, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just bundle up all your guys in one of your weapons room. Hull breeches will take care of the rest...

Hey, how to add spoilers in the Toucharcade app?

2. martapp

martapp Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Same for me - since they started making their updates the application completely fails to launch on my iPad 3rd Gen. It's a shame as the game had a lot of promise, but I don't hold out much hope that it will suddenly get better.

3. seiji

seiji Active Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Hi,
    Is it bad if I let the bridge room totally empty during a battle mod?
    I need all my red crew to be everywhere in the ship, so the bridge is always empty...

Is it bad for the ship?

4. SwordBytes

SwordBytes Active Member

May 17, 2013
    Urrrggg sucks

5. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Prior to the update, the whole ship, except for the one weapons room where your crew is huddled up in, can burn. No problem.

I think some people are still trying to figure out what exactly this latest update has changed...

6. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    #966 Locanis, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    So.. It fails to open without crashing, every time, on my iPhone 5. Judging by the ratings of other users on the App Store, this is a widespread problem. Is a fix on the way?

Just seems to me like they're spreading themselves thin focusing on the android and pc versions as well.
    How about fixing your first platform launched version before the other platforms? Right now it's plain broken.

Not trying to sound whiny, but people paid to play this game. Not a shiny icon for their springboard that crashes everytime it's touched.

7. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    I agree..... I loved this game.... I debated on deleting it but all it does now it take up valuable space on my ipad

8. chamillion205

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    I'm having the same issue... I want to keep it, but all it is is an icon now.... Even with this newest update, it just crashes on launch

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Works for me:confused:

10. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    A new update just came out, I hope this fixes the problems some guys are having.

11. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Down to 0.99. Worth getting?

I played it initially near launch for a couple of hours (beta), and didn't bother trying it upon release. Worth it?

12. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Honest answer? No.
    Dishonest answer? Go ahead, it is a wonderful game that will fulfil your Star Trek fantasies.

iPadisAnnoyedByWaitingTillThe18th...

13. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Nope. Awful game. It only attracted a bit of attention because many were looking for a FTL on iPad. Now the FTL will actually happen, this will sink into the depths of the AppStore to never be mentioned again.

14. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Even at that price.. No

15. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    If you go into it expecting a super deep experience, or a mobile FTL, you'll be disappointed. And you'll probably end up like all the other butt-hurt people here.

Yes, it's worth it otherwise.

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #976 C.Hannum, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    I wasn't butt hurt in the least by the game - never paid any attention to the pre-release hype beyond noticing the game was coming and anticipated, didn't take part in the kickstarter and even if I had would never have built up the expectations and entitlement of so many, but I still say it's not worth it even for free.

It's just a flat out un-fun game. It has no vision, no sense of what sort of game it is or wants to be. A lot of busy work with the trappings of strategy-sim, but mini-games best suited for freemium time wasters, and no depth or challenge outside of fighting with the game mechanics.

I suppose for the right person it would be worth the $1 just to see what all the fuss was about, but that's about it.

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I completely agree with u. It's a very boring game, nothing different, it doesn't suck u in, it is not worth getting what so ever IMO.

18. chamillion205

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    I really liked this game. But my ipad is jailbroken on 6.1 and it won't even run on it anymore.... So it's not on my ipad anymore..... Oh well guess ill just wait for FTL.

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I would be butthurt if the game was bad.
    It has no direction, no point, it's broken beyond belief. There's absolutely nothing worth in it. It's more productive to look at your device turned off than playing this broken, completely hollow game. That's it. You can't be butthurt if there's no game to be butthurt. Just a bunch of pixels doing crap (when it actually works).

20. 28monkeys

28monkeys Member

May 21, 2012
    This game sucks. And to increase the price during holiday ? - suckers