Universal Star Chindy (by MAST Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anyfox, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    So you salvage loot from ship/crew battles?

Can you capture ships and upgrade to them?

Is it closest us iPhone users will get to FTL?

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Was all in and about to buy until I saw this. After the problems my wife and brother have had with iOS 9 I will not upgrade my iOS past 8

3. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    There is an easy mode, which is pretty challenging but fair. It's got super nice strategy elements in both the tactical and space battle aspects. I really recommend this game.

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ios 9 ? Yikessss I'm only at 8.3 =[ sad I was about to grab this

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    How does it play on the iPhone 6?

6. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    it works well

my environment is iPhone6 too but I don't feel frustrated

7. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I reached act1's boss but I couldn't beat it

from now on I will start new game and defeat that!

I guess it takes 30-40 mins to reach the boss

8. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    In my three tries (one successfully beating the chapter 1 boss) I was able to salvage scraps (I think they are "particles") from already abandoned ships. I have not captured a ship, but I did get to "recruit" allies which was the really helpful in beating the 1st boss.

I've never played FTL, praying one day it will come to the iphone, but from I've read, I'd say it is like FTL with some Xcom type battles mixed in.

The rogue-like aspects makes the game challenging. The difficulty is steep too. Part of me wonders how the game might be if there was a non-rogue-like mode and you got to continue through the stages.

9. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Does this game run on Game Center Bug crippled devices?

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm... It being iOS 9 only might not be helping sales...

This does look like something I'd definitely love, but I don't even know if I will ever own a device that will comfortably run iOS 9 ATM...

So anything requiring iOS 8/9 is a no go until I figure out what phone/computer setup I'll have going into the future...

I'm sure there are loads of other reasons for others, but when you limit your game to only the newest OS, you're pretty much automatically cutting off a noticeable percentage of the iOS gaming community.

**this is not directed at any one in particular, just something I've noticed over the years...

11. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Sci-fi, Rogue-like RTS! Yes please. I just started playing Dungeon of the Endless on Steam and have been looking for something similar on iOS. This may be it. Actually I may get the Android version first.

12. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Similarities to XCom and FTL?!? Those are my favorite iOS games. Is this what Sid Meier's Stsrships should have been? I'll probably pick this up later tonight.

13. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Combat seems a scaled-down Laser Squad mechanic.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Dungeon of the Endless is also available for iOS.

15. veryggyy

veryggyy Active Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Mark it to my watch list
    Love this type#

16. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    I Started to buy after reading the reviews but I'm also not going to ios 9 until I have no other choice.stay in my watchlist until then.Sorry

17. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Definitely added to watch list until I decide to update to ios 9

18. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #38 solarnya, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    sadly updating to iOS 9 is cause to break GameCenter....
    my iPhone6's GC has still broken.

I called to AppleCare and they said "it will be fixed at next update. but we cant say when it will come"

19. TheGribble

TheGribble Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I think I really like this game - the space combat's not as tactical as homeworld, the ground based combats not as tactical as xcom and the story stuff isn't as involved as ftl, but the mix of the three is great. The changes in style mean you don't get bored and balancing spending your income on upgrading across all the different sections is great.
    The thing that reminds me of FTL more than the story stuff and route selection is the sense of being thrown into a whole world you don't understand; On my first play through I spent too much on ground upgrades and couldn't afford to heal but I'm learning and I love it.
    Definitely recommended.

20. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    I think it's really, really sad that the developer had to put all those notes at the top of the game description and even offer a refund (for a 3 bucks game!!) to avoid bad reviews from people.
    I've been a gamer for 30 years and in my life I have bought many crappy games or even games that were too difficult for my skills and got no fun from them and still it never crossed my mind to ask for a refund, even though I spent dozens of bucks on them.
    Now we have casual gamers who want instant gratification and become a fury of nature if their 3 bucks don't let them play the game to the end with no effort.
    Back in the days, we only had videogames magazines reviews; now that you can go anywhere online to look for impressions/reviews, it's plain stupid that people would complain about a game difficulty and leave 1 star reviews because "OMG I've been robbed of my 3 bucks!! This game is unplayable because it's too difficult for me!! Developers are bad people just looking to steal our precious money!!" -_-

I think I'll get this because it seems well put together; I'm not very good at roguelikes but I'm prepared to having my face smashed times and times again ^_^