Stack Heroes: win 500€ cash each month! (by Callipix)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Callipix, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Dear TouchArcade community,

I hope you feel great today because I have a very special contest to submit to you!
    I am not here to make the promotion of our game but just to share with you a pretty cool opportunity.

Stack Heroes, the new free game from Callipix hits the Apple App Store today! To celebrate it we start an amazing game contest right now!

Each month, the best score in the Game Center will win 500€ cash! No randomness, just the best is rewarded!
    For more details the full rules can be downloaded here: http://www.stackheroes.com/contest_en.pdf
    If you have any question feel free to ask here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a short preview of the game written by Carter Dotson from TouchArcade: http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/26/stack-heroes-trailer/

You can download the game for FREE here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id977003865?mt=8

As for every game we publish, we distribute 50% of our profit to trusted charity causes: Doctor Without Border, Unicef, BCRF, WWF and Games Aid, 10% for each.

Good luck to everyone and do not hesitate to share :)

Callipix

2. DrPixel

DrPixel Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Student
    Arizona, USA
    #2 DrPixel, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Fun game and neat contest! ;D

My highest score is 1353 so far....though I'm using an iPhone 4S and it said I can't go higher because my device couldn't handle it or something? Kinda odd, but oh well. Maybe I'll see if it will go higher on my iPad.

[old screenshot here]

Also my GC name on my phone is DrPixelBear (I believe).

EDIT: Got to 1767 (http://i.imgur.com/e1EvUSe.jpg) on my iPad. Woo! :D

Thanks! :D

3. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Hi DrPixel and thank you for playing Stack Heroes :)

You are right, when you play the game on iPhone 4S or iPad 2 non retina, the smallest iOS8 iphone and smallest iOS8 ipad, you can find this warning message telling you that your device is not fully able to stack more blocks while keeping the game smooth.

This warning only happens with these two "older" devices.

During development, we where facing a terrible dilemma, we decided to let users with these devices try the game even if for some of them they could become "better than what their device can handle" :D

The best thing in the world would be to win the contest and buy a great iPad Air with that price ;)

Thank you so much for playing and sharing with us.
    Do not hesitate to rate the game on the App Store if you want to support it.

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Claude

4. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #4 1stSPIN, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    My son loves building games. I will get him to try it later. He is a very good judge of good games. GC name is LajoHansen. Just tried to download it. He just got a new iPad mini but it says it requires the new IOS. I will resolve that today.

5. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Thanks for trying Stack heroes 1stSPIN and I wish you a lot of fun to you and your son. And maybe the next cash price is for you ;-)
    If you or your son love the game do not hesitate to rate it in the app store, it will help a lot ;)

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #6 1stSPIN, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Just got it working. 1st impression is very goooood. I will let my son play it and I will be back at it later.
    Did this game get an Apple recommendation? It seems you have quite a few players already

Not sure if you have this feature. It would be nice to see the entire construction maybe as a small window which you can open or close. Stacking the cubes has a sculpture feel to it and it would be nice to see the entire image

7. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    #7 Callipix, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Many thanks for this great feedback 1stSPIN, it really helps.

If you want to see your entire tower during the game, either to adapt your strategy or for a sculptural purpose, you can achieve this through the pause menu (will unzoom your tower, like in the game over). And in the same time, because the game is paused you have time to admire your creation :D

Regarding Apple featuring we have been featured in 13 countries in Asia at launch last week (thank you again to Apple for that), and we are hoping for an additional featuring today but this is still a total suspens ;) let see tonight :D

8. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Your game will have a good response from players. I hope it goes viral

9. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Thank you so much for your encouragements 1stSPIN, we gonna do our best :)

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Awesome of u to donate 50%

11. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Thanks Jayg2015 ;) We do our best to share our fun with others :)

12. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I see your game made it to Best New Apps. Well deserved. Don't understand why it doesn't get more attention here with your generous competition.

13. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Thank you for your encouragement 1stSPIN :)
    I guess we need to reach Best New Games in US to drive more attention here. For the moment we were featured in Asia only. Hopefully next week this will be extended ;)
    Have a great week!

14. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    You should look at releasing that game with Tencent advertising in China. The returns are very good. If you don't know how get in touch with me. One of our games that got an Apple recomendation then got a Xiaomi recommendation in China. It makes about 2,000RMB ($330.00USD) to 5,000RMB ($833.00USD) a day.

15. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Hi 1stSPIN,
    It sounds like something interesting to discuss. Can you send me your direct email through private message so that we can go further?
    All the best!

16. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #16 1stSPIN, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    How is your game and contest doing. It is one of the best games I've seen so far.

17. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
    The game works pretty well and has been released on Android (Play Store and Amazon Appstore) last week!
    We are running the last month of the contest, this month the best score in the Spinus world will get 500€ cash. It's amazing to see how high was the best towers in Dropone and Solidarius, we have amazing players!

18. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    That's fantastic. If you have some jpgs of the high stack please post them my son is into the game and he would love to see what is possible. He has a number of his friends playing and every week they have a bit of friendly competition.

19. Callipix

Callipix Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Archamps, France
    This is really cool to read that!
    Here is the best tower of June in the Dropone world:
    [​IMG]

And here is the best tower of Jully in the Solidarius world:
    [​IMG]

This month the competition is in the Spinus world!
    Good luck to all of you!

20. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    So nice to hear you are getting such good reaction to your game which I feel well deserves that