Universal Stack & Crack (by Jambav)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RammmSK, Jan 24, 2018.

1. RammmSK

RammmSK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Really sorry for joining late in this conversation! Yeah! We kept some special tiles as red herrinings in few levels! #

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Hmmm... Thanks for the disclosure.

Can you check my solution for
    The Partitioner-8
    posted earlier? It did not use most of the special tiles made available for the level, too many for me to think they are all just red herrings. Don't think it is an intended solution.

3. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Exactly! That's the intended and easy solution! :)

And there is another solution where you need to use all three special tiles! Partitioner, Jump and Flip :D:D

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I see. I found both solutions, and that was why I thought the one I posted earlier was an unintended shortcut solution. Very odd design choice that you enable the more elaborate solution if the simpler one is the intended solution.

5. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    What's the IAP all about?

6. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Yaa! It's odd! :D But we thought the player will use the partitioner since the level comes in Partitioner chapter. And we wanted to have a short solution too... Very strange decision! :D

7. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Initially, we provide 2 hints for free at the beginning!

If you run out of the given 2 solutions and need more hints, you can purchase the IAP which enables a solution for all the puzzles! :)

Hope it helps!

8. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Thanks for the info. I bought it today. Great game!

9. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Glad you liked it! Thanks!

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #70 y2kmp3, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Finished game (v1.1). Fantastic puzzle game. Really enjoyed it.

By far, the great strength of this game is the quality of the puzzles. The level of difficulty is not overly taxing, best suited for a casual playthrough. Even though the mechanics used in this game are familiar, the game manages to mix them up in very clever ways (especially the stacking mechanic) to create some engaging puzzles. I am very impressed that the developer chose to practice constraint to use up to only 4 player controllable tiles in any given puzzle. While increasing the number of controllable tiles might seem on the surface to be an easy way to increase the game's difficulty, in practice such use would likely cheapen the elegance of the puzzles and lead to many unintended solution paths.

I am glad that the developer is now aware of some serious glitches in the undo function with a plan to fix it. The deliberate inclusion of multiple intended solutions, even when some of them are less optimal, is an odd design choice. Traditionally, path finding puzzle games task the player to seek out the optimal paths, so that other possible paths are merely unintended or less optimal than the intended solutions. I still think that a move counter will serve as a welcomed bonus challenge goal, especially given that the number of moves needed to solve a level is not that high. The inconsistent use of red herrings may lead to a false expectation among some players when previous levels subversively teaches the players to use all of the special tiles to solve a level.

Notwithstanding these minor gripes, this game is well worthy of a play for any puzzle fans.

11. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Thanks for the detailed review! :) Glad you liked the game!

12. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    cannot wait for the game to release on pc and android so can dive into it again.

13. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India
    Hey, i am really excited to announce that Stack & Crack will be available on steam from April 12!

You can wishlist the game now! :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/805420/Stack__Crack/

14. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
  15. SofortundGleich

Sep 11, 2016
  16. RammmSK

Patreon Bronze

Mar 12, 2017
    India