Universal Stachey Bros (by Ritter Mobile / Ukando)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ritter, Dec 9, 2015.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    The decision should not be based on whether or not a level can be replayed. From the player's perspective, this restriction is inherently antagonistic because it preludes the possibility for the player to "score" perfectly for the level if the player chooses to experiment with different strategies. The player should not be burdened with the need to work out the solution "all in their heads". Further, this system can be easily cheated by playing the game on two devices, using one to practice to find the solution and then one to "replay" the solution to "score" the star. This is why other games do not use this as a scoring criterion.

2. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    In other games you can replay any level because they are partly random. So the challenge is always the same. But at Stachey Bros there is no challenge to play a level twice, because you already know the solution. So how to you think should it work?

The only solution I can imagine is a reset button, where you can begin again at level 1 and with all stars cleared... Bad idea?

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am on level 70 now, about the three star system once I finish the game, I have not much to do, I can't three star everything so I know what y2kmp3 means there is no replayability, I would like to three star everything but can't, oh well nevermind the game is fun enough as it is, just think about what you can change.

4. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Ukando and had yesterday a discussion in my office about this and it looks like we can't find a compromise. I am totally against resetting levels because then the player has to play all the levels again - no thanks. I just want to play the levels where I don'have three stars. We both agree that Stachey Bros is a different game and each level is challenge on its own. I also don't agree that there is no challenge once you have played a level. For example I created the level 89 for the game and I thought the difficulty was medium/hard for this level but definetely not very hard. When we sorting the levels for the game I played this level again and I couldn't solve it - I need 15+ reloads to find the solution and that's why the level is now one of the last levels. That's why I think playing a level again even after you have solved it can be a challenge.

We have another meeting today and we will see if find a compromise

5. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    First update (version 1.0.1) is now available in the App Store!