SSX delayed?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dizzle12, Dec 10, 2009.

1. dizzle12

dizzle12 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Didn't see a thread on SSX by EA Mobile but looks like it won't launch until next year according to PG.

SSX on Ice until 2010

2. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yes it was originally announced for 2009 but I believe both this and Spore Creatures will be slated for an early 2010 release. Mainly due to games coming up that weren't originally announced (Surviving High School, NFS: Shift etc)

Battleship SHOULD be out before the end of the year.

3. poesmij

poesmij Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    i'm really curious about this one.
    i've been a real fan of ssx sinds ssx 2.
    so i hope ea gives it all to make this game right,
    cause some of their games are just awfull

4. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    All I want out of SSX is a decent career mode and amount of tracks to race in. I don't care if it's 500mb I am sick of all these Snowboarding games that offers barely nothing in the content sector. The only one that I have found to give me enough is Crazy Snowboard.

5. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I don't think you should reproduce the entire text from the article... I know the editor who posted it, and it kind of annoys him. :(

On another note, I agree! There should be more high quality games out there, I wouldn't mind if it were a few hundred megs either. Honestly, most of us have high speed Internet, and I know I have tons of space left on my iPhone. :)

btw I think it's weird that I'm an indie dev myself, yet I still look forward to these EA releases... You think I'd be more loyal to my fellow indies!

6. Sainter

Dec 8, 2008
    I think it's good that you aren't one-eyed Indie, makes you more likely to look forward to all games unlike 'Some' developers

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I hope this game proves good and proves to be a fully fledged console-quality and depth game. I love SSX Tricky on the PS2. Crazy Snowboard is pretty terrible and if that's the best of the bunch... boy do we ever need a good snowboard game. Alas, given the pricing of games in the appstore it's likely to amount to, at best, an extensive mini-game. Would love to be proven wrong, though.