SSC 2018 : Super Soccer Champs Returns!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This looks so sick

2. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Awesome news! :) super excited!

I have two wishes:

iPhone, iPad and Apple TV version are a universal app

Controller support is less glitchy than in Tennis Champs :D

Can't wait! :)

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Apple TV I'll review when the game's finished, as back when I did Tennis on it, I couldn't make it universal as ad support was not there on apple tv, I couldn't make it free like iOS.. if that's changed I'll hope to make it TV Universal.

I still don't know what needs fixing on TCR controller wise, but it'll be a bit different as SSC is fully analogue. I'll have a sensitivity adjust in-game, which I can port back in to Tennis..

4. noss130

noss130 Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi Elton, first of all thx for TCR, this game was one of the best that i could play on my iOS.
    SSC seems much good, but do you plan to put an online multiplayer like in TCR?

Thx again for your work!

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Online multiplayer is not going to be in at launch. But it will come in an update later. The main reason for this is that older versions of SSC DID have online play, but it was unreliable and a bit buggy, so I want to remove all the old code and redo it. This is easier and safer to do once the game is complete.

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I sent a private message ages ago about the mfi controls.. maybe it's just me! :) Don't get me wrong... I'm really excited to play SSC! :D

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks for the messages about extra Beta testing and the positive reception to the game so far

Good progress is being made on game tuning at the moment, and a fresh build should be going out a bit later today, so if you've sent me your details keep an eye out for a notification!

8. noss130

noss130 Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi Elton, any news concerning the release date ?! Thx =)

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry the game dropped off the radar for a while... had a few difficult family events to deal with that meant work took a back seat.

The game is back in development now, with a significant rework of some AI areas being finished at the moment, to get the CPU playing in a much more 'human' style. I hope to have this complete very soon, so I'll be able to share a proposed release schedule as soon as that's done.

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Family comes first! We can wait a few more weeks, so please take care of your family, good luck!

11. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Any updates?

12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Here's an update..
    Pretty sure I can have a submission candidate in the next 24 hours.. final push on tuning and polish at the moment, with a bit of localisation stuff to do also, but not too much.

I've recently added 32 National Teams and a Tournament for them, due to the timing of launch it seemed appropriate!

I'll post up some final screenshots and videos as soon as it's in submission.

13. Stoney78

Stoney78 New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Sounds great. I am Reality looking fortward to the next masterpiece

14. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hope this out soon and if you do need a final beta I’d love to try it, I have an iPad Pro and iPhone X, with a nimbus controller. Favourite ever footy game was kick off 2 on the Atari ST!

15. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Had no idea this was so close to release. TCR is one of my favorite iOS games ever. Can't wait for this one.

16. RedTankGames

RedTankGames New Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Male
    I've been looking for a good soccer game with management for a while, looking forward to giving this a shot!

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Update! Localisation is now complete for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese..

Which means I'm now preparing submission materials and doing the very final bits today.

Now... how will I edit this down to 30 seconds for the App Preview? Far too much good action! :)

loveschack and Gwarmaxx like this.
  18. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Just release it already :)

19. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Another ST Kick Off (and TCR) fan here, take my money!

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I want this now!!!! WC coming in a few days only!