Universal Square Valley (by rycekube)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 21, 2022.

1. ObsoleteOne

ObsoleteOne Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Don't get too excited about raiding.
    It's Railroad Ink ( Roll and write boardgame which also has an app. )

Ijipop and AltsKev like this.
  2. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hahaha
    ok yeah I tried that one. It was okay-ish, for my taste.

3. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    I am completely stuck on the jewelry shop level (I must have tried it like 30 times). Did anyone manage to beat this level?

4. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    I’ve gotten within 30 points of passing, but no, not yet.

I’m going for a long and thin plateau with a long, narrow lake touching the top and/or a side of the plateau. This requires a lot of restarts so that the cranes are in an appropriate position and so I can build a mine on the plateau adjacent to a mountain (and ideally touching the lake but that’s asking a lot). I don’t end up with a lot of buildings - they end up in a line along the plateau edge touching the lake. I try to get the barracks and that special tower on one side so I can wall them off, since the barracks wants the residences to be outside the walls but they still need to be in that conga line of buildings. Make sure you have room for the road and the walls. I’m going for the minimum two residences and one winery.

Outside of the plateau I’m trying to place wild trees along the other side of the lake for the tower-like building, cows in a wide open fence, lots of vineyards, lots of apiaries, tulips and pear orchards as filler. I haven’t been doing much with the river; I need to think about that.

It’s a very rough level and the Jeweler’s Shop’s scoring could be clearer.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Late to the party, but I'm really enjoying it. I love how each game of even the same puzzle can really play out so differently even though it's using the exact same set of tiles.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I liked Impossible Isles but you could only play one level a day. This is much better and seems more challenging.