Universal Sproggiwood (by Freehold Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. julesantenor

julesantenor Active Member

Jun 15, 2014
    I really hope that there would be an endless or survival mode in play. Maybe soon.

I don’t think it would be hard to implement if you already got the randomized levels in place but then again I’m no developer.

2. Ahh good point. I didn't think about that since it feels like I still have plenty of hours to invest in the game. But I'm holding out hope for an endless mode of Hero Emblems, and I can see how this can benefit from one as well. It does suck when you hit the end of these games.

3. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Sproggiwood, on Savage difficulty, is deceptively hard. The visuals deceive me into believing everything is easier than actually so. It's just clicking in that I have to take things seriously. Sproggiwood is awesome. "Rogue-like" isn't a genre that I enjoy by default. Sword of Fargoal captured my attention in the wee years of iOS, and Dungeon of Dredmore hooked me on Steam. Folks in a similar boat should try this out.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I would recommend everyone to play the game exclusively on savage difficulty. It's not just a case of lower hp and enemies doing more damage. The enemies get new attacks, level design gets more interesting. It makes the whole game much more engaging.

5. ass_man

ass_man Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Awesome game. Too bad about the name...

Definition of:

Sprog

Australian Slang
    1. offspring, child, youngster; 2. new recruit, as in an air force; 3. semen; 4. ejaculate; come

6. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    Does this game have max level or infinity? I mean some game can be play forever (like infinity blade 3) because the levels are infinity (at least it appears so to me).

7. julesantenor

julesantenor Active Member

Jun 15, 2014
    There are a certain amount of levels although each level playthrough is a different experience since you’ll never encounter the same lay out twice.

8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Holy shit, this might be my favorite release from May, and an early contender for GotY. Also, do you permanently unlock whatever equipment you buy? And I just added the Cupid's Bow to my shop, is that a weapon found only on savage difficulty?

9. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    Yeah but how about the level of character? Can we reach the max character level anytime soon?

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    You always start a dungeon at level 1.

11. mcamp

mcamp Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I enjoyed Sproggiwood on PC, but I am simply adoring it on mobile. This is great.

The only complaint I have is that it seriously kills my battery, and my phone gets pretty hot while playing. I hope the power consumption might be something they can improve in updates.

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    That bow is not exclusive to savage. Yes, once you buy an item, it is permanently unlocked. Accessories and consumables are unlocked for all characters with one purchase (if there are any that are class-specific I have yet to see them)

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Awesome! I hope there are savage only unlocks eventually. This game really reminds of the Binding of Isaac, similar compressed rogue-like sensibility distilled even further. There's even an accessory for rerolling items, all hail the D6 :D

14. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Are there any difficulty specific items currently?

There is class specific gear, I've found daggers for example that are just for the vampire..

As far as I've seen, any gear can drop for any dungeon, it doesn't seem to necessarily be better gear in later dungeons?

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    That seems to be the case, you can find all items on any difficulty and dungeon, which is why the accessory that rerolls items is going to be my first purchase.

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Black jelly behavior on savage might be a little too much. It's almost impossible to survive a big one if you are unable to kite it into a corridor or against a wall.

17. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I don't think I've seen that. What was it called?

And yes, I've seen at least one class-specific item (for thief in my case) but not any consumables or accessories that were.

18. Tuuri's Lucky Coin. Can't remember where I got it, if it was just available in the shop. Maybe a quest?

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    It's Tuuri's Lucky Coin. It can reroll any pickup once.

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Are there achievements via GC for this game?