Universal Sproggiwood (by Freehold Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Apple please let me buy this...
    Why you keep saying the app is no longer available..#

2. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Ugh waited all week, finally see it's on the App Store... Anddd.... Unavailable. I really hope Apple fixes this really quicky.

3. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    The exact same thing happened last week. All new apps show as "no longer available" until morning.

4. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Just downloaded via iTunes on my Mac with no issues. US Store if that helps.

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I'm also in us store
    Trying both from iphone and mac but bear the same result "not available" #

6. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Yeah this is stupid. I want to buy this and desktop dungeons and cant buy either one. Get your $hit together apple. 0 stars for this nightmare.

7. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Hmm, might be location, but if you're in the US Store you should be able to download. Sorry dude, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I swear, for a company that has enough money to buy half the bloody world, these stupid hiccups are absolutely unforgivable.

I so rarely get free time to play games, tonight I actually had some that I could devote to this. I get that in the grand scheme of things, this is literally nothing, the epitome of first world problems, but darnit I want it now.

9. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    These things are typically the fault of the CDN. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

10. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    #70 Dragan, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Maybe, just maybe the games are realy sold out because the devs didn't make enough copies, who knows...

11. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #71 zen_mode, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

I highly recommend adding in-dungeon save states in a future update. I think a lot of people flock to these sort of turn-based games so that we can churn out a few turns and switch to something else. Unfortunately i've already had to restart a dungeon from the beginning 3-4 times because this is often how I play. Sure, you still accumulate gold, but it becomes a bit frustrating when you actually want to progress to the next dungeon but don't have full 10-15 minutes to spare, and having most of your progress wiped because you switched to another app. Then again, I would also understand if the games architecture just hasn't been designed for this sort of change, and it would require too much rewriting at this stage. Would be a real shame though.

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I second this. After reading that it couldn't save my current state mid-dungeon, I might hold off for now. It would be awesome to see it in an update, though!

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This is the issue I have and (I think) the same with desktop dungeon - I really fancy both of them but won't be buying unless there's a mid level save

14. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Yea, mid level saves are a must on mobile, especially in this type of game. Please consider it.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Holy crap! I was so tempted to buy this on Steam, this should be so good!
    Buying for iOS now! :)

16. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    8 pages and no stars?
    Just bought, can't wait to boot this up later today!

17. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Would have like a more touch to move interaction, controls are still good I just hate virtual joysticks

18. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    That would defeat the purpose of roguelike trust me this game is very forgiving conpaired to some

19. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    You've misunderstood what I've said. I'm talking about continuing off where you left before switching apps, not save scumming. I've ascended Nethack, Angband, Brogue, Powder...well aware of what permadeath is.

20. Normally I wouldn't like an onscreen directional pad, either. But since the game is turn-based, I don't mind it so much. But I did try swipe to move and my finger got tired/annoyed fast.