Universal Sproggiwood (by Freehold Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. unormal

unormal Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Well, this should be an interesting launch day, then!

2. Told you. Raining blood! :p

3. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    #43 unormal, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    FYI, it directs me to direct my customer (you) to ask app store support directly if you have problems downloading or buying instead of contacting them myself. So here I go! It'd be great if those of you having trouble with the app saying it's unavailable and have an extra minute would open a ticket with the app store http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Cheers!

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Fyi this same thing (well what sounds like it) is being reported in the desktop dungeons forum also.

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Any gamecenter achievement?

6. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    Yup!

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yay so there’s a reason to complete everthing in this game

Hope I can download it when it launched in us store

8. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Having spent a bit more time with this, a few points:

- The overall pace of the game feels quite satisfying. I particularly like the inability to hold down the d-pad to move a given direction. This forces you to generally take things a turn at a time, the way any turn-based roguelike should really be played. I have no doubt if holding down the d-pad was possible, players new to genre wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to do so and would die a lot more than necessary.

- Despite the animations, turns flow really nicely. There's a good speed to the animations which means that they don't feel like they're in your way. This is especially nice for someone thats used to playing roguelikes without really fleshed-out animations.

An issue that I hope can be improved upon:

- The game doesn't save the current dungeon if it's booted from memory. Closing and re-entering immediately will load things back up how they were but using another app and having it re-allocate memory results in losing progress in the current level, even if you've travelled further than the first floor (though i'm not sure if it's regenerating a different map of the same floor, or if you're back to the first floor for that level). It does however retain completed levels.

9. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback! One note is that it does also retain any gold and items you had collected in that dungeon run as well, so the only thing you lose is the state of the individual (3-4 level) dungeon run. The dungeons are randomly generated out each time, so it'll be a new layout the next time you try.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was a console gamer until I got a pc and then I never looked back. I play a few console games but much prefer pc gaming.

As for this I'm very interested in this and DD I'm not a huge fan of this type of game but t definitely has elements that make it more attractive to me. Although it's a high price so I'll check out some videos first before I decide.

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I haven't been excited about a game launch in a very long time. This looks like the dream rogue like I've been looking for in the many I've tried in the past.

I really want to try Desktop Dungeons, but I'm thinking the difficulty might be too frustrating for me, plus I'll simply never play on my iPad, so this one is really calling out to me.

Now if the damned App Store would fix its stupidness, I'd be somewhere.

12. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I completely agree

13. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    FYI, you can reportedly work around the current app store "This item is no longer available." bug by purchasing on desktop iTunes then downloading it on your mobile device.

14. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Sadly I don't have a pc. This is happening with Desktop Dungeons as well. Seems to be happening almost every week now for one title or another.

15. andsoitgoes

Unfortunately it's happening there, too :(

I'll keep trying. Booger, I really want to play!

16. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    I am sad, even *I* can't buy Sproggiwood or Desktop Dungeons. :(

17. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Nope, buying on iTunes isn't working either >_<

18. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Yeah, can't download at the moment. This looks really great, looking forward to it.

19. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This looks awesome. Just not sure how awesome it looks. It doesn't have to make sense!

20. andsoitgoes

welp, now it's "Temporarily" unavailable. Time to get ready for the night and hopefully see it there soon.