Universal Sproggiwood (by Freehold Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Are you battling butter or cheese?

2. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Seems this has been pulled from NZ store as i have tried it and been told it is no longer available?????

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  4. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I got it 45 minutes ago. When i search the nz store, it is still available

5. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Yeah its in the store but try and download it and says no longer available???

6. Lol you mean the slimes?

7. unormal

unormal Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    #27 unormal, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    It's >100mb, so it might be the app store complaining if you're downloading it over cellular, not wi-fi. The app store is sometimes pretty cryptic about that.

My first app store release, so I'm not totally well-versed on all the horrible things that can go wrong yet. I'll soon be! D:

8. Expect blood to rain down from the heavens!

9. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    I am counting the minutes til i can smash up that buy button, 190 ish to go....arghhh

10. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    You have nothing to fear these things always go smoothly. #

Seriously though, good luck!

11. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #31 zen_mode, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    The dev discovered that combining cutesy graphics with traditional roguelike elements can make some players heads explode so he pulled it for safety reasons.

Edit: just bought. Seems to be no option to move d-pad to the left, which I think was mentioned in an old thread somewhere. Other than that, not bad. On screen controls (not swipe) would also be a nice feature.

12. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah, it's on the list of stuff for future work, but left/rightyness isn't swappable in 1.2.

13. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Getting the same here in Aus....

14. unormal

Aug 13, 2012
    Are you trying to buy it over cellular? It's big enough for the app store to be requiring wi-fi, and I think that's what people are seeing.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This looks great but I'm curious about the longevity of the game. Normally I wouldn't put too much weight into it but at $10 I don't want to get a game that I end up being bored of a few days through. Some rogue like games tend to be like that if they get to repetitive or if there's not enough variety to make the game feel fresh every time. Any opinions?

I do think it looks wonderful but I don't want to impulse buy $10 when I'm strapped for cash :\

16. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    #36 hellscaretaker, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    update there seems to be issue with Itunes at present i have tried and couple others to download this and other tiles and they coming back with "this title is no long available" if you try direct download to your device or "this title is temp unavailable" if you try do it via PC i have tried getting this and other titles from NZ dont know if this local problem to NZ or will spread across as the titles arrive in the other stores.

i did manage one title that was desktop Dungeon when it hit the NZ at midnight but since then nothing else.

17. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Was trying over the home wifi, will try in the office shortly. Attempting to download a large'un over cellular usually throws a flag of its own. Oh well, sproggi for the commute home maybe!

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I PM'd ya.

19. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. I almost did the same thing, but I went with getting a new laptop. I've been a console gamer since the Atari 2600. I couldn't take missing out on all these good indie games.

20. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Itunes UK has the same "problem" as well. im start to wonder if its to do with what Apple throwing a switch on a new feature they seem to be rolling out today over making IAP you have two options where you never reminded or after 15 mins and wonder if thats effecting the games lauched today.. there a lot of people doing to be pissed in USA tonight....