iPad sprocket

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wilson, Oct 9, 2008.

1. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    is it a good game because im thinking of geting it.

theres no gameplay video so thats why im still considernig it. has anyone goten it and is it good?

2. Touch Arcade have posted on it on their blog here .
    From the sound of it, it's quite a challenging game. Not for me then- I like 'em easy!

3. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    I gave up at level 2. The controls could be a bit better, but the game just couldn't hold my interest after changing gears around for the umpteenth time on level 2. :(

4. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    It is rather difficult to get the gears in the proper sequence. This is why I point out that a great deal of patience is needed to love this game.

blakespot

5. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Just been browsing around the App Store, and I see that Sprocket is now just 99c.
    Does anyone else have any updated opinions on this game? Is it really that frustrating?

There's an uber-quick video demo on YouTube here, and the reviewer says he couldn't even get past level 2 after trying for 30 minutes!

6. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Patience I dont have :p

7. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    According to appshopper, it has been that way since Oct. 12. :)
    Wondering the same. :)

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I have gotten to love it in the last week or so.

9. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Even though the App Store page says 99c for a limited time only...

I also noticed on their website, in one of their comments to their own posts, they said they were testing out a 1.1 update to the game.
    That post was dated ... wait for it ... guess when? ... October 12th!

I just emailed the developer asking if this 1.1 update is ever going to appear on the app Store, or if they have in fact given up development on the game.
    I'll wait and see if I get a reply...

See here for more:
    http://silklabs.com/2008/10/11/sprocket-on-sale-for-099/#comment-3

10. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    it is a rather hard and, and you realy do need patience for it. My friends love playing Blocked, but not a single one of them picked up sprocket and enjoyed it. It's alright, but time consuming and hard. You have to be into these types of hard puzzle games to like it, so for a lot of people here I would say steer clear. It's a pretty cool game though IMO, but that's just cause I like harder puzzle games

11. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I think it takes a little time to get into this game but is very cool once you do?[​IMG]

12. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I didn't like it

It was a while ago that I tried this game. And I didn't enjoy it. Very tedious and boring. A lot of trial and error is involved rather than logical thinking. The first level was easy. The second level was very difficult. Then I got all the cogs turning and I still didn't win that level. After a while I worked out that one of the cogs needed to turn in a specific direction (some instructions would have been a nice feature to add to the game :rolleyes:). Up to that point I'd had to force myself to keep playing so after that I deleted it from my iphone.

13. just bought it

i beat level 2 (which seems to be the barrier that stops people)

i'm not going to let the game beat me

must... win !