Universal Spring Forever (by Hikikomori Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fat Mouse, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

That is craaaaaaaaaaazy :D Thank you so so much for the purchase ! Almost had a heart attack at "then shut it down" :)

2. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

My game was added to the "Hot Games" list. It is automatically but it still Feels good :D thank you Toucharcade

macplash likes this.
  3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I’m not sure if it’s a limitation of the engine you’re using or something, but it does feel a bit like 2012 having to choose between two different versions for phone and tablet. It looks interesting though so I’m going to buy one, but I have to figure out which platform I think I’d play it more on.

4. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

It is not the engine. It is me :oops: , i could have made the UI work on both iphone and ipad to be honest but i got stubborn as an artist to not have different pixel sizes for different assets like buttons and such to keep the art looking good and uniform . and because i refused to make them assets smaller, the Ui kept overlapping on the ipad and it was a mess. So yeah, instead of sacrificing a tiny bit on the art part, I ended up working a LOT more and made 2 versions which was confusing for me and I see now how confusing it is for everybody.. and 2012 as you said :D . Stupid mistakes, I will do an update early next year on this and make one universal app. Thanks a lot for your feedback, really appreciated . check DM's :D

5. tipsy

tipsy Member

May 1, 2018
    :) - Sorry if I induced panic at all! I thought buying the second version was the least I could do. I love a good platform game. And I love to get my kids playing them as well (eventually they'll be able to do twitch runs!!)

Thank you again for the game and your time.

Fat Mouse likes this.
  6. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

#26 Fat Mouse, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    It will be so sick to see my game played on twitch :D .
    I love watching speed runs. That's what inspired me to add the death counter.
    My personal record on my game is 1 hour and 18 mins with 121 deaths...

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #27 syntheticvoid, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    *****edit*****
    Royce was kind enough to share a code with me.... so, Fat Mouse - if you saw this message and were going to send me a code - you can go ahead and keep it.
    =D

In the meantime - the game looks pretty cool....
    Doesn't look too floaty, and the controls look to be set-up comfortably.
    Judging by the trailer, the level designs look pretty well done too.
    =D

I can't wait to get into it!!!

8. These three games are very good and worth buying

Fat Mouse likes this.
  9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =D
    I"m sure they are.... especially Birk's Adventure, since it was named TA's GOTW....
    I'm just going to have to wait until after XMAS to grab it - right now, every single extra cent I have is being put into my kid's presents.
    =D

But yeah - I'm SUPER psyched to dive into all of these!

=D

Fat Mouse likes this.
  10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Okay - so....
    Right off the bat - Fat Mouse, is there any way that you can make it so that we can drag our thumbs across the screen to change directions?
    Whenever I drag my finger to the left, the character stops moving, and same with dragging to the right....
    Over the last.... 10 years or so that I've been playing with a touch screen, I've always found that when you need to change direction during a jump, having to lift your thumb, glance downward toward the virtual controls, and then hit the other directional button, it can be a REAL frustration.

I'm going to keep playing, as this sort of situation hasn't come into play yet, but after watching the trailer - I know it's going to....

I don't know what kind of limitations you have with your game engine, but.... being able to keep your thumb on the screen and drag left or right to change the direction of your character would make most players feel more comfortable while playing your game.
    =)

I... really don't have anything else to say at the moment, seeing as I've only played through the first stage....
    But.... I will definitely keep posting as I play through it.
    =D

Fat Mouse likes this.
  11. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

Hey . Thanks for playing it and for the valuable feedback.
    I would have gladly gave you a code . Cheers to Royce for being so kind. :D
    About the controls..hmm.. I could have made a joystick type control for changing directions but i didn't even try it because i thought it will not be as precise and tight as a button. Aaaaaah I see what you are saying, on a real controller you also only drag your fingers over the buttons without lifting them. You have a very good point, it would have been nice to have such a feature but yeah, i was kind of limited by the engine but mostly by my own knowledge . I'll keep this in mind for sure for my next game or if i can't do it in an update.
    I'm super glad you noticed is not to floaty . I tried my best to avoid that .
    Please, if you have any other thoughts on the game. i would love to hear them. :D

12. Regarding controller, i hope in the future update i can reposition the joystick wherever i want it to be for my personal taste.

Fat Mouse likes this.
  13. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

Yep. Indeed this is one of the most requested feature and I will try my best to have it in the future update . Thanks a lot :D

14. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

Hey, It is me. I wanted to let you guys know that Spring Forever got featured today in the US Appstore .
    Thank you so much for boosting my game from launch, for adding it to the hot games list, for commenting and reviewing it. It helped so so much! I really appreciate it and I will surely support Touch Arcade back :D

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Congrats! Any timetable on the update?

16. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

Thank you
    ...on the buttons re-positioning feature. Unfortunately I can't find a solution to do that yet in the engine I use. I really thought I could do it but no :( . I am really sorry about that and for the false hopes.

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Arrgh!!!!

18. First of all, it is a little good game. Second, your marketing worked

Fat Mouse likes this.
  19. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

#39 Fat Mouse, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Thank you very much.
    I feel bad for not being able to do the update you guys required. The only way i can do that is to rebuild the whole game in a new engine...o_O which is kind of crazy
    I hope you guys accept my apology and u are not to upset about this @ ColeDaddy, Makara :)

20. Fat Mouse

Fat Mouse Active Member

The app is now universal. No more 2 versions in the store :) and made a small update
    What’s New
    Jan 7, 2020
    Version 1.0.1
    -controls are now 25% larger
    -fixed the overlapping UI that occurred on iPad
    -fixed minor bugs
    -added app previews