Universal SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 20, 2021.

1. RpgN

RpgN Active Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Female
    Done.

Not sure if I’ll get around it anytime soon but I’m looking forward to it.

Did you play and complete it when you bought it full price?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I played to about 80% of the game and took a break. Planning to get back to it.

RpgN likes this.
  3. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I played about 15% on Nintendo switch

RpgN likes this.
  4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#44 Anotherkellydown, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    Was this released on Apple Arcade? I swear I played this before but my purchase history says otherwise. Or maybe it was another SpongeBob game I’m thinking of.

Edit: I was thinking of SpongeBob: Patty Pursuit.

Is this game as good as or better than Patty Pursuit, for anyone who’s played both? For a dollar I may just pick this up when I get home anyway.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Patti Pursuit is a nice runner, but this game is a proper collecta-thon 3D platformer similar to Banjo-Kazooie. You can probably beat it in 10 hours or so, but a 100% run would take a lot longer. The game is funny and charming and the level design is very inventive. The boss fights are fun and challenging. At .99 this is a no brainer.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  6. Anotherkellydown

Hey, thanks SZ!

I realized what a dumb question it was that I asked, comparing the two games. I didn’t watch the trailer until after I posted all that but I could immediately tell this was a full-fledged 3D game with a huge world to explore. I’ll be picking it up for sure. It looks incredibly good!

RpgN and squarezero like this.
  7. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Did you get it yet it’s awesome bought it last year oh I should mention it’s on modified version of the unreal engine 4.23 and metal 2.1 kind of like Oceanhorn2

squarezero likes this.
  8. Anotherkellydown

Yeah, I got it about a week ago but only played once so far. I put about 2 hours into it. Seems good but I’m not sure how I feel about these “collectathon” type games. I’ll probably get back to it soon enough. I don’t regret my $1 purchase at all.

9. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Quite enjoying this game again on my Nintendo Switch and M1 iPad Pro it runs great on both platforms wish handy games would consider adding multiplayer mode on the mobile version and forgot this game was built in unreal engine 4 really nice graphics as well and definitely optimized there are some bugs still here and there but this is a wonderful game sorry for bumping this thread again

10. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Sorry to say we cannot implement the online multiplayer version within the mobile version as we are already at the maximum of the devices. Getting this kind of title over to mobile is quite a challenge already. But lets see what the future will bring and the devices are so much stronger as we started with mobile gaming 24yrs ago. ;)

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Hey — love you guys. But you can’t tell me that a feature available on the Switch is not possible on an iPhone 15 Pro or a M1 iPad because you are at the “maximum of the devices.” Especially when you are talking about an online horde mode, for crying out loud — that’s laughable. I get the economics, though. The Switch version currently retails for $29.99 while the iPhone version regularly goes for less than a dollar. Multiplayer is expensive to implement.

12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    global online mobile mode is quite a challenge as not all the players comes from specific destinations, mobile phones disconnect way more, etc. if it would be easy believe me we would do it ;)

13. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
  14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @HG VAMPIRE Any idea if this one will have a sale with the new one coming? The new one does look good but I see on this thread people saying this one is regularly 0.99

I’m happy buying full price games of course but I hate when I buy one full price then it goes on sale right after I get it (which I figure could happen with a new one very soon) also I’ve never played or watched any SpongeBob so have zero affection for him and no idea if I’ll hate or enjoy the theme and it seems like this one might be good to start on to see if I want the newer one as it’s out very soon.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Not saying it’s easy (how would I know, I’m in advertising :)). All I’m saying is, if you can do it on Switch, it’s possible to do it on a recent iPhone or iPad.

HG VAMPIRE likes this.
  16. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    If we find a economical and technical solution we will very similar to our wreckfest.

squarezero likes this.
  17. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    currently the game is already on sale for 4.99 till we release the new one :) - will there be any more sales in the future. maybe but 4.99 (depending where you buy it can be different) it is really fair priced. The PC and console title is more expensive ;)

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Definitely not trying to say the price isn’t fair at all as it definitely seems like a very good deal. I was just concerned with it being so close to Black Friday/cyber Monday and the next games release that I could buy it today then next week it goes to 0.99 is all I was asking.

While you are here can I ask, I haven’t played Townsmen for a while and I own Townsmen premium and Netflix Townsmen. The Netflix one seems more recently updates but since they never give patch notes you never know what it was for. Is the Netflix version the best one to play currently?

19. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    The Townsmen Netflix Version is the PC and console version on mobile correct. So the latest version. So enjoy it if you can!

ste86uk likes this.