SpongeBob Marbles and Slides by Gilded Skull Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gildedskull, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobelak555

nobelak555 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Great game, but isn't avaible on the my appstore ( I have Russian and Finnish Credit Cards ).
    Please reply!

2. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    This looks very good. The art looks really great. I might pick this one up for my little sister and I to enjoy.

3. nobelak555

Nov 28, 2010
    gildedskull :) :) :) :)

4. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Hey nobelak555. The global distribution of SpongeBob M&S is being handled by Nickelodeon (and MTV Networks) so, for now, it's up to them. I'm not sure what their plans are. We have mentioned it to them and there was some discussion (early on) about Gilded Skull helping to port it to the different regions and the game releasing internationally...but I haven't heard anything from them about it recently.

Domestically (in the US) SpongeBob is doing *very* well. I think it's in the 20's on the app charts (all apps) at the moment, sitting steady with 4.5 stars (lots of glowing reviews)!

Thanks for all the toucharcade support!

- Rob

5. nobelak555

Nov 28, 2010
    #45 nobelak555, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
    Hello!

Found a way.
    Ordered scratch gift card over the Internet and bought the game. Thank you for such a great game!

6. nobelak555

Nov 28, 2010
    You are working on support for the Retina? The game is good without it, but still.

7. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

Steppin' Out

Right now there aren't plans to add retina support, (it's actually up to Nickelodeon). Considering that we have the iPad assets (which we could reduce slightly to hit the correct resolution), it is very possible. Problem is file size. It would increase the size of the iPhone version by an enormous amount.

In a couple of updates we're including something in the game that's pretty major (graphically). It would have almost doubled the overall game file size if we didn't figure out how to compress the game better....so we did. Here's a clue about the 'big' update coming in a while:

[​IMG]

We may be able to compress things even more so that retina support could be an option. One step at a time.

Actually, the newest update ("Legends of Bikini Bottom!") to the iPhone version is with Apple right now, awaiting approval. This update has been approved for iPad and is now live.

8. nobelak555

Nov 28, 2010
    #48 nobelak555, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Intriguingly!

What is new You are planning to add to the game? Perhaps a bomb or spikes?

P.S Retina there is not enough