[SPOILERS] Spider 2 - Mystery Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SPAMBOT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #141 Subrom, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Stoked about what? Please tell me I didn't miss "it". Feeling a little nervous now....

2. SPAMBOT

SPAMBOT Well-Known Member

I've not been able to find out either. I'm hoping it's something that lasts a day rather than something that is only there at one specific time.

3. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #143 Subrom, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  4. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    F. Cabot Holbrook is actually my prime suspect for the Mysterious Writer I mentioned in that Escapist article. Haven't been able to prove it yet. But I also have never seen this collection before. Thanks for the link. I'll be scouring this when I get back from vacation!

5. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
  6. SPAMBOT

If this follows the same 'pattern' as the other keys, I'm not sure we should absolutely need it. That said, I wonder if there are multiple code methods going on here.

7. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Hmmm. You may be right. I have tried a whole bunch of things and combos..... forwards, backwards, in threes, iterative, in loops and even Beaufort method with no luck. I can make assumptions about the final piece of the paper but it would be good to know;-)

8. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    So did anything happen on the qoesco page last night? I was reloading until midnight Central European Time, but at some point I had to go to sleep...

Also aren't we supposed to get an email notification? Was September 23rd not the right date afterall?

9. SPAMBOT

Have you gone through the site again today Vader?

10. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Ah, now I see it. Thanks!

11. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #151 ErikTheRed, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    And above all secrecy.

12. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep. They are on the building as described in Randy's article.

13. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #153 ErikTheRed, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    And above all secrecy.

14. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Good luck my Friend. Let us know if the historical society responds. They didn't to my email several weeks ago. The whole thing certainly should be of interest to them.

15. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Unless the historical society is trying to get the secrets for themselves! You know those historical society types. Power mad!

16. Archibaldovitch

Archibaldovitch Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I'm a bit lost... I tried to pass the labyrinth many times, and i am sure my answers are correct. Subrom even confirmed me so. I also translated the full three encoded pages (except the passages encoded with the
    golden key
    ), but the labyrinth still refuse to let me pass. What is exactly in it ? Am i missing lots of stuff ?

17. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    I only confirmed the title of the knight after you decoded it. Maybe check through the others, including spelling! attention to detail is needed;-)

18. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Hey, have any of you guys gotten the achievement "solar knight: earn 32,500 points eating only marshflies?" I think I know the level on which you could do this, but I'm wondering if anyone has done it to confirm my suspicions.

19. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    I don't know the name of the level by memory, but I'm sure you have the right one in mind, as it's pretty obvious, there is only this one room with so many and exclusively marsh flies in it.

20. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    I recently finally finished playing through all the levels in all weather conditions but cannot remember this one... any clues?
    I think my favourite moment was the swarm inside the hayloft on a clear night;-)

And seeing I am still stuck on the metagame, I decided to play through the first spider game again and solve its mystery. This was the first game I ever bought on my brand new ipad at the time it was released and 2 ipads later, it still has pride of place on my device! I highly recommend this, not related to the current mystery but still very cool indeed!