[SPOILERS] Spider 2 - Mystery Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SPAMBOT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    #121 somnambulor, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015

It might not be music, either. You might have to find
    another word that can be spelled with the letters of the notes
    . I feel like, at this stage, it might not be a real English word, either. It might be just a string of letters.

I have been working through the various achievements to see if anything more is revealed that way or if I just notice something obsessively re-playing each level. No luck so far, although I had never discovered the
    secret area to the left
    in the courtyard before, so that's cool!

2. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015
    Anyone have a good theory about what happened on the estate? Specifically, what's the deal with the kid, do we think? Also, there are repeated pictures and references to airplanes and war.
    Maybe it was the buttler's kid and he didn't want the secret society messing with his kid
    ?

3. Archibaldovitch

Archibaldovitch Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I don't think so. The kid seems to be the baby you can see in a picture, called T. Bryce. Then he probably is the son of L. Stewart - Bryce, who left her husband R. Bryce (you can develop this theory by playing Secret of Bryce manor). You see on the picture next to the organ that she came to Blackbird estate after leaving Bryce manor. I think S. Bryce is C. K.'s sister, don't you ? These would be great crossovers.

4. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Still about the music, i thought of reading
    a text on one of the graves with the three purpose code. The message then didn't mean anything, but it was only made of letters between A and G, so able to be played on the organ. I tried to play them, but nothing happened...

5. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Thanks, didn't think it was that easy ^^. These two achievements have interesting names as well:
    "The scepters of emprise are lost beneath stagnant seas" and "The stones of resplendence are locked in adamant mines"

I really wonder how much further this thing goes. If the qoesco site only leads us to the last secret achievement (the fifth and last piece of the "key"), there must be something more to do.

6. JESHP3

JESHP3 New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    #126 JESHP3, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    I've done some obsessive replaying as well, and I think there are a few changes to the levels once you "complete" the game.

The one thing that I know for sure is different is the Treehouse. There's a birds nest on the "On a Limb" level that is empty for most of the game. In the background, you can see a window with two people - one is wearing a hat and peeking out the window; the other is laying on a table. Thus turns out to be
    the locked room at the Top of the Tower. The two people appear to be DV Blackbird (based on the hat and general appearance) and L. Bryce (based on the red shoe - as seen in the picture by the organ - and the earring left on the table that matches one found in the guest bedroom).
    . Once you "complete" the game, or maybe just complete the Top of the Tower on a stormy night,
    the scene changes. The window is now empty and the nest contains blackbird feathers and what looks like a pearl necklace. The necklace matches one worn by L. Bryce in the picture by the organ and I believe it was probably left by the bird who split the scene when you enter the locked room.

I'm not sure if that's all a hint for the leftover achievement, or just a clue as to the mystery of what happened but it makes me really wonder what the heck happened in that room (and when) and where (or when) DV and L. Bryce disappeared to.

7. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015
    Yeah I think the people in he window are independent of beating the game since I honk I saw them before I beat the game but I couldn't tell you that for sure or under what conditions they appear.

I'm wondering too if the
    glass orbs with triangles or squares that the secret society members have in their respective areas are important? Like are they different ranks? I haven't checked yet.

8. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015
    Hey, guys, I just got two achievements, secret like the key achievements. The first says
    "The Scepters of Emprise" with "Are lost beneath stagnant seas".
    The second says "
    The Stones of Resplendence" with "Are Locked in Adamant Mines"
    I got them after eating the
    death's head moth
    and then checking the
    captains quarters and the vault right after.
    Does anyone else have these? They each have the same picture, but I can't make out what it is.

9. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, but I didn't get one in the captains quarters. There was also a very special time needed to get them....maybe you got lucky;-)
    It is the third one of these that I am trying still to work out. All clues point towards the organ but still not sure of the correct sequence.

10. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015
    Hmmm, I got them when I started playing levels
    that had those crystal orbs in them during a new moon on a rainy night after I did the well.
    Do you remember how many of those orbs there are? I seem to remember
    , but I can't remember where the other one is. I'm looking now.

I'll check the guest bedroom, too.

11. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #131 Subrom, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    Definitely different ranks. Jealousy of being of a lower rank could certainly explain some of what went on. I am also thinking about the "malfunctioning time machine". Could someone have been sent the wrong direction in time perhaps? I guess that is one way to
    prolong life for a century
    . Whoever it is that went in the time machine left behind a bowler hat and brown shoes. Anyone remember someone wearing this combo in any of the pictures around the estate? DV certainly has the hat in all the pictures but is wearing black shoes. Pretty sure it is him in the unmarked grave as well.

Anyway, here is another non-sequiter. I used to camp in this national park:
    http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/scientists-discover-possible-new-funnelweb-spider-species-near-jervis-bay-20150908-gjhnle.html
    And for my northern hemisphere brethren, that coin is a bit over an inch in diameter!

12. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I don't think that time machine has a link with the secret society. I think the way to
    "prolong life for a century" is by drinking the water you can see in the secret level. It must be a kind of fountain of youth, and you can also see funeral urns by the fountain, with the same names as the ones on the empty graves in the cimetery. So i think the bottles you can see all around the manor are to put the immortal water in, don't you ? But some of them are broken, and one of the urns is too... But why ? I think you get the answer by resolving the whole qoesqo website, but i'm actually stuck in the labyrinth...

13. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Ok guys... So i just passed trough the labyrinth, which needs to
    read "la très sainte trinosophie", and that's what qoesco website tells me : "Nay, Searcher, one of four sides may not proceed past the Labyrinth unaccompanied. Mind you well the WISDOM of the Buried Chambers and heed our FELLOWSHIP at every turn and cost. The Gold Key reminds us of the Virtues of Approach, the one most important to you now. Proceed thus, and you shall be tapped in a day to come."
    Not sure i've understood everything... have anyone else yet passed through the labyrinth ? Help would be welcome

14. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Ok, i know i've posted a lot in this thread today but i spent my time to search clues for spider's mystery. (Don't worry, i also have a life). So what i just got is a new strange in - game thing. I was searching on internet for
    Saint Germain's work
    when i found this picture, from a blog :
    You can recognize the symbols one uses to get in the captain's quarters, in the right order, and also the symbols on the candels in the temple. I immediatly try to activate the candels, and a
    strange red light appeared from nowhere, before diseapering in less than three seconds.
    I had no achievements, neither any clues by doing this, only more questions... Maybe the only goal of this game is to make the players going insane ?

15. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    If you get this response, it means you got something wrong. Check all of your info again;-)

16. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Look in the
    ant tunnels
    !

17. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Ok thanks ! No specific weather, moon or anything ?

18. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015
    Weather or moon shouldn't matter.

19. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    To those in the know, let's all hope tomorrow proves to be an enlightening day. Still unsure of the exact Timezone but I will be reloading all day and night;-)

20. somnambulor

Aug 18, 2015