[SPOILERS] Spider 2 - Mystery Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SPAMBOT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Archibaldovitch

Archibaldovitch Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I think it would be logic to "write" the word "TELARO" from the comte de Saint - Germain's triangle book in the barn, as the word "USTAEL", because the translation of the cypher exactly matches with both of the words with the 12 letters you can "write" inside the barn. But i actually tried to during day and night, in the two weather conditions, and... No results. Is there a specific moon phase for this eventual achievement or something like that or does it just not exist ?

2. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    But "TELARO" is just the standard combination you find on the stone wheel with the metal disk overlay, this is the solution to the barn mystery, there was no achievements attached to it. Also I tried to brute force the barn lock and I think there is no third combination.

I was thinking about a second code for the piano, but with the letters none of the triangle book code words would fit.

3. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Yes... Actually except the "A" and the "E", i don't see any cypher letters matching with the organ buttons. And something else : am i the only ios player (on an ipod 5) who's screen is cut ? Because i can't see some details, like CK Bryce's portrait with dards on it in the secret room or, more important, the key on the estate map, even when zooming. May someone send a picture of it on this thread please ?

4. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #104 Subrom, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Not sure Vader. I am in the same situation as you.... Not sure if there is any more "at this time" but I may be wrong.
    I think the end game may have something to do with rebuilding the symbol in the temple and "letting the light in".

Anyway, not all spiders are crazy dangerous. This species is particularly cool:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinopidae
    I remember watching one of these wait patiently in my backyard with its web between its arms for weeks and I was there when it finally caught a lizard.

Also, I especially like how all the spiders in the game are actual species of jumping spiders. (Except o. Walrus of course) Jumping spiders are cool. :cool:
    http://theconversation.com/how-do-jumping-spiders-make-a-perfect-landing-watch-and-learn-16798

5. JESHP3

JESHP3 New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    I'm stuck in a similar situation, except I have 6/7 secret achievements
    Aside from the four that give you letters, there are two that don't. My guess is that the missing one gives you the last two letters.

I've been working on a bunch of theories where the last secret achievement can come from and have centered on the clue from the Qoesco site that refers to
    a composition by the Empyreal Knight "with symbolic significance." I tried the letters from the keys of that composition in the organ, but no dice.

So what I'm left with is assuming that whatever I need for the last secret achievement depends on some future occurrence.

Is that where everyone else is now, or am I missing something?

6. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #106 Subrom, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Nope. Only have four secret achievements and all contain letters.

What are the other two?

PM me if you don't want to post here. I have seen you on a list;-)

7. JESHP3

JESHP3 New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    You're on the right track,
    but I think you have to complete The Well first.

8. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    It is posted in a post from Candykiller on page 6 of this thread.

9. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Ok, i don't know if one already found that, but following the numbers above and under the key (_450_15_21 above and _351_33_3 under), you can see they have the same value above and under : 4 + 5 + 0 = 9 and 3 + 5 + 1 = 9 / 1 + 5 = 6 and 3 + 3 = 6 / 2 + 1 = 3 and 3 = 3. Tell me if it has already been posted.

10. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    About the passwords for Qoesco, i think i only need the three missing words for "Prince _ of _-_"

11. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Hmmmm. Happy coincidence. What are the letters on that key? Most of the keys relate to ciphers.... Perhaps this is the same.

12. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
  13. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I don't know about the first letter looking like a snail seen from the sky (yeah, i have imagination) neither for the second one looking like a big F, but the third one is a
    M or a W

14. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Well guys, i made research about the Comte de Saint - Germain, and being french like him, i had lots of results. He is the author of a book called "La très sainte trinosophie", that i think is almost the same as "The triangle book". I'll go today in the quartier of Saint - Germain (coïncidence ?), in Paris, where there's a big library. If the original version of the book is impossible to get, i know that a nowadays author rewrite it. Then, if the book is impossible to get, i have one question : how does
    Iona Miller
    , author of the translation of the "Triangle book", got it ? I just contacted her on facebook, hope she'll answer.

15. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
  16. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Wow... didn't even think about it. But actually, what i need to know is if anyone has passed through the labyrinth on Qoesco's website. If not, it's obvious that the missing words (mostly mystical names) are standing in the book. By using Miller's translation, it's probably possible to get the whole cypher translation, isn't it ?

17. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    It will certainly help. I honestly don't remember where we found each bit of information.

18. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    So i spent my afternoon in the 5th and 6th arrondissements old bookshops, asking for informations about "Saint - Germain's triangular book", "La très sainte trinosophie" and also "Separating fact from myth concerning the secrets kept from public's knowledge". I found almost nothing, but one adviced me a library called "Leymarie", that apperently have lots of books about Saint - Germain's work. Unfortunately, it was closed but will probably be open next monday. I'll probably go back there during next week, hope it will help us finding clues !

19. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    @Vader, I am also trying to work out another code for the piano. I have gone back and painstakingly re-decyphered all of the pages and am now looking at one piece of music referenced there on the fourth page. Unfortunately, I am not any good at sheet music. Has anyone else stumbled down this path yet?

Also, did anyone notice the 5th page was missing? I wonder if that will be released sometime in the future....

20. JESHP3

JESHP3 New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    I've been down that path a bit (and can read music) but couldn't find the score. I tried one organ combo
    based on the keys of the referenced pieces
    but it didn't work. It may have to be done at a specific time though, like some other clues.

As much of a pain as a lot of the clues were to dig up, I felt like we wouldn't have to know how to read music since you could get the original organ combo
    either by the scrap of music or the record that spelled it out.