[SPOILERS] Spider 2 - Mystery Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SPAMBOT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Guys, I thought the same thing, but I looked into clocks of that kind and that's a winding key, not marking something.

2. Archibaldovitch

Archibaldovitch Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Hi ! I would need help to complete one page of the qoesco website which I am stuck on for long... I need to know two missing words :
    a public library building and present the ??? use of the same
    and
    that day of january 1887, ??? he also read the benefactor's will
    . Can someone give me clues ?

3. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    A very specific book (more of a pamphlet, really) has both answers. Google Books was where I found it. George died before he could give the speech himself that day.

4. monti

monti New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Help

Hi
    I need a little help with
    the labyrinth
    . I'm pretty sure that I got all the answers right, but still I can't proceed. I don't want to spoil all the answers here. Could I send someone of you the answers and you give me a hint?

5. Vook

Vook New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    #265 Vook, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    [deleted] (was originally asking for a hint, but I think I might be on to something :))

6. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    #266 Archibaldovitch, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Is that book
    "annals of -you know which town-" by Mary R. Cabot
    ? Because I can't find the answers in it, but I don't see what other book it could be...

7. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    #267 Subrom, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Nope. It has to do with the dedication of a certain building.
    The word "proceedings" may help on your path to discovery

8. CrochetwithGanondorf

Nov 6, 2015
    Just for the record (and my own reference), I think I've found where you can get the Mighty Nine achievement:
    The Captain's Quarters on a Clear Day
    . There's about 8 Clusterflies - although the placement changes each time.

9. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Member

Sep 3, 2015
    I haven't played Spider for a while now, but I still got one Achievement left and it's kind of bugging me. I need the
    piano note sequence
    for the last secret achievement. I sill have the link to the
    music sheets of St. Germain, but trying ALL the notes would take a while and I'm not even sure it that would work in the end, as someone already tried some time agon (if I remember correctly), also it's rather error prone.
    Since the qoesco page is down I also don't have the documents anymore with the encrypted hints torwards the code. I really like to complete this last achievement, so any help would be welcomed!

10. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
  11. monti

monti New Member

Jan 26, 2016
    #271 monti, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Finally I'm done with the quoesco pages, thanks to a little help from Subrom. :D

I'm looking now for fellow Ascended Scholars from the US who are willing to travel a bit before All Hallow's Eve. I'm from Austria, Europe, so it's a bit difficult (expensive) for me at the moment to go there myself.
    Is anyone else still working through the pages?

BTW, Thank you so much for deleting your posts. This game is amazing and in the end I'm glad I had to do most of the research myself.
    Thank you, Randy and TigerStyleGames for this Game!!!

12. Sputnik4

Sputnik4 New Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I was just wondering, does anyone know the four fold purpose?

13. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    So there is a fourth one ?

14. Sputnik4

Sputnik4 New Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Sorry, I meant the four fold purpose of the lesser members.

15. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    What do you mean ? I only know those three purposes :
    To find things lost, to find mines of diamonds, of gold and of silver, to prolong one's life for a century.
    Do you mean there are four different purposes to lesser members ? (like
    searchers
    or
    holy keepers
    ?

16. Alex2life

Alex2life Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Hey everybody.

The game was recently released on Ps4 and Vita, which is where I bought the game. I was looking around for hints on some of the mysteries because I was surprised that the game
    actually uses moonphases in the way it does. Feels pretty hardcore "Oh, you missed it, now you gotta wait!"
    - But pretty amazing when you figure it out.

I've been looking at the website, reading through the two threads on here and the one on steam trying to figure out how to go at it.

Even though I found some of the deciphered stuff I also tried myself and actually figured some of it out, yay. Reading through the different sources the hole just goes deeper and deeper but I think I'm stuck now.

Im at
    Calls and Grips. I asked some of the users in this thread and Subrom gave me a small hint. I know Humility and Reverence but the third word... "Another: And I have since I first saw the ____ above." I know Telaro is the keyword for the text under the first key on the page with the hand. But the other three...I really dont know. I've tried different words but just feel stuck atm.

Can anybody help me out?

17. Alex2life

Alex2life Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Hmm. I got a really good hint! Got a good bit further, or so it feels. Been reading around on different sources to fill in The Library but theres one thing I cant figure out again
    The Library
    “He read the posthumous message of the Library's benefactor, in which the latter specifies that his intent was to "erect thereon a public library building and present the ________ use of the same to the inhabitants of________ " and on that day of January___________ ,___________ he” Pretty sure that its the inhabitants of Brattleboro but reading the letter I dont quite get the first word. Was thinking about educational? The date I have no idea where/how to find so yeah.

Might just need some more reading/googling! But being stuck there I went over and looked at the organ-mystery again.

I'm guessing we have to play it? My first thought would just be to play it. Does feel like a pretty large task to play the whole thing but it might be. I wouldn't be surprised or mad if it were. This mystery is just great :)

18. Alex2life

Alex2life Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Awesome. Figured out the missing words and got to "Proof of pilgrimage". This looks like the end for me since I cant journey there now or in the near future.

Now I just need to grasp the fourth page and figure out the second mystery of the organ.

19. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Never give up searcher. I am in Australia and didn't give up!
    With three sides.

20. Alex2life

Alex2life Member

Nov 8, 2016
    :D

Got the F. Major trophy a couple of minutes ago! :D
    Now I just have to figure out when to
    go to the orbs
    Did you guys ever figure out if it was a specific time or?