[SPOILERS] Spider 2 - Mystery Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SPAMBOT, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #221 ErikTheRed, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    It is a Halloween miracle! I got it! WOOT!

2. unorigino

unorigino Member

Mar 24, 2013
    London, England
    So there is something in the organ after all? Ugh, I tried that and I still have no clue what I'm doing there ;-;

3. Randy Smith

Randy Smith Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Good job, Mr. The Red! :D

4. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    yep. Can't believe we missed that. I guess we were over thinking it what with the importance of the bass section and other references. Doh.

I guess that is now all the secret achievements in game sorted.... fingers crossed for the metagame conclusion living up to our dreams.

5. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Hey, now that we have all of the achievements sorted, anyone want to talk about what we think happened on Blackbird Estate? I have a lot of theories but every time I play the game, I notice new details that change them slightly.

6. CrochetwithGanondorf

Nov 6, 2015
    Ah looks like I am too late the Knights of the Buried Chambers party - the
    qoesco.com domain
    has expired. Now all the stuff that was there isn't accessible any more. I've only just become aware of this awesomeness hidden under this game, and would be really sad to miss out. Can any of you guys who cracked the codes take pity on us newcomers?

I've already found the NA achievement at the Windmill. Could anyone suggest what I might want to input into the ship's wheel?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help!

7. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    Actually... perhaps the website is still there? You may have to get a bit creative in seeking it out.

As for additional codes in the game, keep plugging away at the website, and keep decoding any mysterious documents you may find. You'll get there! :)

8. CrochetwithGanondorf

Nov 6, 2015
    I checked out the cached front page and filled in all the answers but then it redirects to "buy this domain" again...

9. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Maybe take a look at the IP history of that domain....

10. CrochetwithGanondorf

Nov 6, 2015
    Thanks all for the hints. I'm also going to try a bit of time travelling (as it were).

11. Archibaldovitch

Archibaldovitch Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I haven't finish everything on
    Quoesco
    yet, but I have a theory about what happened at the estate :
    VV Blackbird is the father of DV Blackbird, who married S Bryce, CK Bryce's sister. After what happened at Bryce Manor, L Stewart - Bryce comes to her step aunt S Bryce at Blackbird Estate, pregnant (the father is R Bryce, her husband who committed suicide after she left him ; or N Bryce, her lover who died during the war). Her son, T Bryce, grows up at Blackbird Estate, but I can't find out what happened to his mother. He is raised by his grand aunt S Bryce. She was a sailor, and was in her youth a high member of the Knights of the Buried Chambers as her brother CK. Her step father, VV Blackbird, is a great inventor (who almost invented time travel), and his son, DV, is also a member of the KBC, but in a lower rank than his wife. DV doesn't love her, and is jealous of her and his step brother CK. So DV, S, T and P Fenn, the butler, live at Blackbird Estate. T has no father (and maybe no mother ?), and feels very lonely in this big house. He steels the metallic black bird to play, and explore many places in the mansion, including the deserted KBC's temple. Someone (I don't know who) who isn't a knight tries to find out the estate's mystery, and also VV's machines functioning. He is spied by S, who keeps secrets in her boat cabin. Once, she fights against her husband, who tortures her and asks questions about the KBC secrets. Meanwhile, P steels precious stuff in the house, and open VV's mausoleum. He throws the body in Silver Lake, and put rocks in the coffin. Maybe is he a member of the KBC, because it's the same rite as the one used to prolong the knights's life in the holy grotto. But why throwing the body in the lake ? I don't know. Anyway, it's sure that DV and S died because of a spider who made a lighting fall on the tower where they were, but I don't know what happened to T, LS and P Fenn. My theory is quite incomplete, but it suits with The secret of Bryce manor's prospective story. So what do you guys think ? What are your own theories ?

12. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    This is great to read Arch! Very thoughtful and well put together.

13. somnambulor

somnambulor Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    #233 somnambulor, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Archibaldovitch,

I think a lot of that is spot on, but it seems like they knew VV wasn't going to be resurrected or have his life prolonged since they made the stained glass "First Without Hope" in the mausoleum, presumably before any of the events with the rest of the family could have been predicted. Also, it's LS Bryce that spies on DVB in the tower (her pearl necklace is in the nest). I don't have a better story than yours, though, I'm just guessing.

14. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    Thank you guys ! I think we could make a movie from this game, it's so amazing.

15. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    I'm trying to get the last achievement, but I would just need to know which
    Saint G's sheet music I need to find.
    Could you help me ?

16. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Have you decoded all of the text on "papers four"? It is mentioned specifically at the top.

17. ErikTheRed

Nov 4, 2010
    #237 ErikTheRed, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    I second Subrom's advice. The piece is specifically mentioned in the documents. And when you find it, do as Randy suggested and don't overthink it like we did! ;)

That aside... Huh. Yup. Looks like qoesco.com is still having some issues. Luckily, the Gazophylacium Subterraneum can still be reached! Anyone looking for it can simply skip the domain name and jump straight to the IP address here:

http://50.6.109.238

18. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
  19. Subrom

Subrom Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    There is a fourth page. You should get it from the (previously) qoesco site.... The first four pages are there a little bit after the labyrinth. Have you not seen these yet? I thought you had made it through that far....

20. Archibaldovitch

Sep 2, 2015
    Paris, France
    #240 Archibaldovitch, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Well, I reached the pages with documents about Brooks library, and I'm actually re - answering all the answers from ex qoesco to continue my researches.
    I don't know if anyone have already suggested this, but I have theories about the golden key on the left corner of the estate map :
    as I posted it earlier, I noticed that the numbers : P 450 L 15 M 21 and P 351 L 33 M 3 follow a numeric suite : 4 + 5 + 0 = 9 ; 1 + 5 = 6 ; 2 + 1 = 3 and 3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ; 3 + 3 = 6 ; 3 = 3. So we have 9 ; 6 ; 3 twice, and 9 - 3 = 6 ; 6 - 3 = 3
    I think this could be interesting because we know the importance of the number 3 for the KBC. These numbers could also indicate the location of the estate... I talked some months ago to Iona Miller, who worked a lot about SG's work, and she told me that
    NOTAMARGATET was (or almost) a anagram to TETRAGRAMMATON, a important and mystical religious symbol... TELARO, USTAEL, etc. are probably also anagrams.
    A last thing (I think it's not very important), the citation "three things cannot be hidden long : the sun, the moon and the truth" is from Buddha.