Universal Splot (by Frozenbyte)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Great, glad this colorful game won't go unnoticed :D

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Totally agree!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game is quite amazing and cheap considering that I got it at a steal at $995 off the original price.
    :D

4. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm seeing more and more of my GameCenter friends have been enjoying Splot, this is good :D

One of the US reviews is very negative saying Frozenbyte didn't develop the game. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but that seems a silly reason to rate a fun game one star. The mentality of some iTunes reviewers...

5. KaiFB

KaiFB Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Marketing Manager at Frozenbyte
    Espoo, Finland
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback and comments, we really appreciate all of it :)

Regarding the "not developed by Frozenbyte" review, I'm suspecting it might have something to do with the way the credits are listed in the game, where there's a separate heading called "Frozenbyte", which can be a bit confusing. In any case, Splot is fully made by Frozenbyte :)

6. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #46 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Hopefully the great reviews will outweigh that one silly review :)

Thanks for joining in the discussion about Splot and welcome to Touch Arcade, good to have you aboard.

Any chance of implementing some sort of GameCenter leaderboards?

7. KaiFB

KaiFB Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Espoo, Finland
    Thanks, it's great to see quite a bit of discussion here!

We've discussed the GameCenter leaderboards and things like racing against time for quite some time now, so it's definitely something we're considering. Reading comments that encourage it does help also.

No promises yet, but I agree that it would be great to have leaderboards :)

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game seems like it would be perfect for multiplayer. Any chance of that happening?

9. KaiFB

KaiFB Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Espoo, Finland
    #49 KaiFB, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Multiplayer might happen sooner than you think :cool: But no guarantees on this either! Let's just say we've been experimenting with a lot of features over the years. Stay tuned for the updates :)

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    omg omg omg!!! :d

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've been playing Splot about an hour (or more) everyday since it's release and am not even 1/3 of the way done with the levels! There's also a ton of achievements plus there's 189 unlockable alien skins. This game is huge in scope and just quite honestly it's one of the most clever and fun I've bought this year.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You mean you're still only part of the way through the third world? I've completed the game on bronze, completed half of it on silver and a couple of levels on gold.

I've persisted in unlocking the new skins, but that's starting to feel like a bit of a drag as you just have to keep replaying levels you've already beaten.

The tougher time limits for silver and gold definitely up the challenge, but I wish there were more differences (e.g. different enemy placement) and so far it doesn't seem like there is. Still, I'm glad I bought this thanks to the recommendations in this thread and I'm going to keep playing for a while yet.

13. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I didn't realize Frozenbyte made mobile games. This looks cool and it's free which is even better hehe. Imma have to check it out