Universal Splash Cars (by Craneballs s.r.o.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 18, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The energy system didn't retain me. I uninstalled the game because of it. Why wouldn't you simply put a single in app purchase for people like myself that don't want energy but want to pay and then play? What's so wrong with someone wanting to actually enjoy your game without worrying about a stupid energy mechanic that will force me to not play or continuously pay? Providing a single purchase to get rid of the energy is a win/win for everyone. You make immediate cash and excellent ratings and I get a game that I can actually play and enjoy however and whenever I want to play. You also can still leave the opt in ads. I will always view those for the rewards. But I will not compromise on energy systems. I just don't understand why developers wouldn't simply put in an option to pay actual money. In my case you have lost a potential purchase and you've lost continued revenue from me viewing the opt in ads.

Believe me I'm not trying to offend. I just feel strongly on this issue. And since its in your game and you've just had an update and haven't addressed it and I actually liked the game I need to say it.

Please reconsider.

Billy

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I have to say that I am VERY tired of this kind of thing from you. Not liking energy timers is one thing, even complaining along the lines of "man I'd like this game way more if it didn't have energy timers!" or even a simple request to remove them would be totally fine.

Instead, you go on these long tirades about how awful energy systems are, and instead of just voicing your opinion about them, you berate the developer who implemented them into their game and act like you have been personally slighted because they didn't include an option you specifically want. What is worse is that you hold their games hostage with bad reviews until they meet your demands of implementing an energy removal IAP.

I'm sorry, but this is nothing more than bullying in my eyes, and won't be tolerated on the forums. Make your requests and voice your opinions about games, but the talking down to developers and condescending posts need to stop immediately.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Excuse me? I don't think so. I'm never condescending. I spend a lot of time on these boards and I'm friends with a lot of developers. I'm currently in 8 betas. I can't be that bad. I am never disrespectful and it's not a tirade. I'm simply saying my position. What's actually condescending and a tirade is your post. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't give you the right to to talk down to me or attack me.

Devs don't read every thread like you and I might. I'm sorry you don't like that these things get discussed. I'm not the only one to discuss them. But it doesn't give you the right to talk to me the way you do.

Have a nice day :)

Billy

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Okayyy, well, let's see here:

How you can believe this doesn't come off as condescending is incredible. It's like you're just blatantly ignoring it. This is the way you deliver your feedback to a number of devs who make games with elements that you don't personally agree with. It's okay to not agree with those things or wish for them to be changed, it is NOT okay to demand they should be changed or imply that they should be some sort of standard inclusion in every video game released ever just because they adhere to what you want in a video game. As I said before, rating a game poorly and then telling a developer you won't change it until they implement the thing you're demanding is incredibly rude and childish. It's also a gross misuse of the rating system.

You provide absolutely no proof of this statement? It's true just because you say so? I could provide literally hundreds if not thousands of examples of paid games with no timers failing, and many many examples of free to play games with energy timers succeeding. This goes back to the whole "you are condescending" thing.

The fact that you have to put a disclaimer that your post wasn't supposed to be offensive should tell you that you already know the things you say were condescending and rude. The fact that you say them anyway, and hold ratings for ransom etc, proves that you're just selfish and won't accept any outcome other than the developers making the game specifically the way you demand.

Like I said, I'm very tired of seeing this from you. It's especially disappointing because, like you've pointed out, you're very active here and I think you have a lot of positive stuff to contribute. But I'm not going to tolerate the above behavior anymore.

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The irony here is that you can watch ads to refill your batteries.;)

6. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Man, I'm really liking this game. Bought the small coin pack to disable ads and now I don't even have to watch an ad to continue when I run out of gas. Very nice bonus to my purchase. Thanks devs for the very nice, fun game.

7. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

We're aware of the bad rep timers get, so were very careful when implementing the energy system and added permanently expanding the total battery capacity with missions and in daily bonuses. Players are still against it, so we're introducing an inapp to get rid of it in the latest update (sent to Apple today).

It also includes five new levels, 3 new cars, one of which is a tank with new gameplay mechanics.

All and all, something to look forward to :)

Always good to hear positive experiences and constructive feedback.

8. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Great news! I always wanted to play this game but refrained because of the energy/timer system. Time to install it (once the update hits the app store)!

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This is honestly one of my favorite games as of recently. I'd love to see individual leaderboards for the levels and some sort of infinite map setup so that when the levels are completed the game doesn't end. User generated levels from an editor would be fabulous!?

10. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I can't figure out how this daily bonus works. I play the game every day for at least 30 to 60 minutes. When I played 2 days ago I received the 3rd day bonus, yesterday afternoon I received the second day bonus and this morning it shows that I have received only the 1st day bonus. So I guessing I'll get the 2nd day bonus again.

I play at different times each day so having a visual timer for the daily bonus would be helpful for keeping track.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wow, great to hear, but if I may ask, how much will it cost to make the timers go away?

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I was under the impression that there would be achievements that are integrated. I'd play it a lot more if that was the case

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great to hear about the timer buy out option. I'm all in when it drops. I've always supported Craneballs. Was a huge fan of Overkill2, not of OK3 tho. The game lost that something for me. Would love to see an OK2 style game with newer graphics and less 'canned' looking animations that would be tuned for newer high end devices. Loads of blood too!

14. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    And lady grunts don't forget that

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Oh man, you're dialed in. Grunts squeals and moans.

16. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    No ADS broke OK3 along with the format change.

17. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Wow, had this game on my back log for a week or two, just now gave it a try. What a hidden gem! I am pleasantly surprised at how awesome this game is. F2P, but very fair about it, and dishes out currency and batteries quite often! I like this! Bought an iap to show my support!

18. iosomfg

iosomfg Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    #58 iosomfg, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Overkill have another thread :)

19. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

LordGek: 3.99$
    It is great.. When you enjoying our games :) Thank you for your support!

Stay tuned! We are working on the Multiplayer and more crazy cars :)

20. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Online multiplayer? It would fit this game nicely...