Universal Splash Cars (by Craneballs s.r.o.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 18, 2015.

1. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

the game is coming out tomorrow (Feb 3rd) worldwide! We're pretty excited about it as it's something completely different from our previous shooter games..

[​IMG]

2. Zlatovous

Zlatovous Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Finally! I liked the idea as soon as I saw the gameplay, now I can play it

3. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Is this online multiplayer like Splatoon or single player only?

4. craneballs

It's just singleplayer but who knows.. if the game gets popular..

5. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm already playing :D Attacking the final level the moment I unlock Blazerana.

Haven't spent any money (sorry devs :p), but I watch a video for refill here and there with a good run. Game stuck with me since soft-launch. Over a month. Hope it gets popular and more levels are added soon! Good luck.

6. johnny.90210

johnny.90210 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    #27 johnny.90210, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    HELP!!
    ipad 3 ios 8.1.2 crash when try to open app.
    Tried reinstall few times, still crash!
    HELP!!

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I like this game a lot. Great job. The controls are good. The unlockables are cool. It's a perfect mobile game. Thanks for making it. Been playing it all night and all morning.

8. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I was hoping to see this running at 60fps. Otherwise, it's a great game with good controls and lovely gameplay.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm really enjoying this but it is energy based and you pay 1 battery to play a level.

The only iap in there is to remove ads and get coins, which I'd happily pay for but there's no mention of removing the energy system and I refuse to pay for any games that use energy or timers....

If the Devs about or if anyone has bought the iap can answer that'd be great because I'm liking it a lot and would like to sling some money their way if possible.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #31 LordShad0wz, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    I actually like the game. I played until I got to the point where it said I ran out of batteries. I even watched some ads. I had not even noticed there was an energy system. I went to the store to see if I could make a single purchase to get rid of the energy system or have unlimited batteries but there was no option. So unfortunately my zero tolerance policy has kicked in. I'll be happy to redownload and rerate once there is a way for me to pay to get rid of the energy system. It's a great game otherwise. If you tolerate energy systems you'll probably like this game.

Billy

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This has to be one of the worst cases of a game ruined by timers that I've come across in ages.

I absolutely love the game itself, I've spent more time on this than anything else this week but it's got energy timers that you can't remove. It's such a shame, I'd happily have paid a premium price for this and as it is I'm going to keep playing it until the timers pss me off too much but I really am disappointed - you can buy to remove ads but that's it

12. craneballs

2stooney: This is not so easy as you think :) But new update 1.2.2 is out now. So, please try it. Thank you
    2all: I know :) But Still.. If you want a more energy. You can accomplish in the level missions. We got this, because retention.. And this is really small game(for now :) ). I am sorry to all Premium players!

13. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    I too loved the game but the whole battery thing annoyed me ... (Another freemium splat wars has a lives system that only goes down if you fail) wish there was a way to buy to remove the need for energy/ads.. I no longer play due to that I'm tired of freemium games with restrictive play .. I paid 15$ in the sandbox so I could just play.. I'm watching updates though maybe one day it will have a way ..

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha, prolly not for me either. Looks cool, was considering a download but no.

15. craneballs

Our tester finished the game, during 6 in-game hours (Second day). With this energy system and without spend any (real)money. I think, this is not a disaster :) Of course, it is up to you! :)

16. johnny.90210

johnny.90210 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Still crahing on iPad 3 ios 8.1.2 after update 1.2.2
    So sad now!

17. craneballs

2johnny.90210: This is Sad.. Because we have just +-80 crashes from the new Version 1.2.2 and You are "the one" :)
    Try restart your device or make more space on your disk.

18. johnny.90210

johnny.90210 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Tried restart, I have 2Gb free memory.
    Still crash. Other games still run normal, only this one.
    I have only one choice now is to restore. But uprgading to iOS 9 with iPad 3 will be bad idea cuz on iOS 8 is already slow.
    So I will wait for you guys to update in the near future.
    Now, I will play on iPhone 6S. But I want to try on bigger screnn like iPad.
    Please fix it on iPad 3 iOS 8.1.2 please!
    THANK YOU!

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #40 LordGek, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    A freemium take on Pako is fairly accurate but I'm loving the wide variety of powerups and how, even replaying the same level can be different as the powerups appear in different places each time.

I also appreciate how it has a damage system so it isn't simply bump a wall or police car once and the game ends, but more you can get bumped a few times with the amount of damage you take from the collision based on the specific situation. I also appreciate, unlike Pako, dare I say it, there is even a bit of a free wheeling Pac-Man vibe to this game as you aren't just trying to survive long as possible, but complete your mission of repainting every inch of the arena.

Hey Devs,
    A potentially odd question but when does the game consider it a new day for daily check-in bonuses? Is it based relative to when I first launched the game or a specific time of day?