Universal SPL-T (By Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I got this in the recent sale. Damn addictive.

So far my top is 163,356 with 542 splits.

I'm feeling pretty good about that. Annoyingly I'd made some silly cock-ups, and I had tiles on 1 and 2 so it would have gone higher.

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #122 dancj, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Ooh - just got 184,799 with 567 splits.

I'm still honing my tactics, but generally:

Try to get down to the smallest size every time before making a set

Work in four columns of two. Never let a group of six be formed or a four that straddles two of the columns.

Always make your sets at the bottom of its respective column - if possible.

If you're desperate for space, make a set in the column with the lowest numbered blocks at the bottom.

If you aren't, then make a set in the column with the lowest numbered blocks at the top. (This will give a good spread of numbers in a column so you don't wind up with one column suddenly emptying itself).

Chop random blocks in half at the top where necessary to avoid accidental sets forming.

Always keep an eye on how many vertical and horizontal splits you can do at the smallest level. If you can do more vertical then do vertical splits at the higher levels to give you more horizontal ones you can do - and vice versa.

If you find you have to chop blocks in half the way that doesn't help, do it higher up - without making sets. That way it can be the random block to stop accidental sets at the top while giving you breathing space to blocks the more beneficial way at the bottom.

You will have to break all of these rules (except the one about straddling columns), but try to judge which is least harmful to break each time.

3. Joekis

Joekis New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Best so far?

Attached Files:

4. bamako

bamako New Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Best so far

This is my best so far. Don't know how I did it, since I normally score in the 100.000s only. Sometimes 200.000s.

I've notice that there's no space in the small squares for figures with four digits. Maybe once you reach 1000 splits the secrets of this game will reveal themselves? Unfortunately, when I did that pretty good score I just stopped short of 1000s...

Has anybody had better luck?

Attached Files:

5. floplus

floplus New Member

Feb 26, 2017
    381621/801

IMG_7172.PNG

Just addicted... not a higher score as bamako, but I am thrilled now to get to the 1000 splits :)

Coming back when I get there...

6. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Seriously fun.

7. jamesrorkeevans

jamesrorkeevans New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Male
    793505 :D

Attached Files:

8. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at this. Just purchased it today. Eventually, I'll hate it. I suck.

9. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'm terrible at this. Just purchased it today. Eventually, I'll hate it. I suck, and yes, I read instructions.

You're a beast at this!