Universal SPL-T (By Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Сипу

Сипу Active Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I got 66000 score, but I don't know how to post a picture, when I add a picture
    , TouchArcade would crash out.

2. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Read the TA review from a few days ago. That explains it well.

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    It feels sooo rewarding making constant progress, I now always get more than 10.000 points with a personal highscore of 44.000... nothing compared with the best, but I'm really happy about it.

Any news on secrets? This gem deserves much more attention!

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Post of the decade.

5. Same here! It took a really long time to click, and my highest score was 8000 for what seemed like forever. But once it clicked, I keep getting 20k+. Still need to beat my high of 34k, though. But I'm hooked now that it makes sense.

6. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's finally starting to click for me, which is good because I really wanted to enjoy it. What strategies are you using so far?

7. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Why would a game about height scoring not have a leaderboard?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Very true. I hope they add Game Center soon. I'm at 78000

9. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    From Simogo's Facebook page:

"We always want to surprise and do the unexpected. So, we’re trying something new today.

Surprise!

Our new game is called SPL-T. It’s a minimalistic, thoughtful puzzle about division for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. And it’s available RIGHT NOW!

We know that it doesn’t look like much. We’re not trying to sell you this thing with promises of rewards, stories or grand art. We designed SPL-T to be a puzzle that would last forever, and never go out of style. Something you will always be able to pick up and play. Something you’d always get just a tiny bit better at. Something that would be fun to find and try out new strategies in.

We wanted to make the most pure puzzle we could make, and not put any distractions between YOU and SPL-T. No candy. No online. No ads, or menus popping up to ask you to review it, or buttons asking you to share your score. Just all play. Like in the good old days.

In many ways SPL-T is one of the most “purposeful” games we’ve made. Every tiny decision has had long discussions. We’ve weighed arguments against each other. We’ve put in and out features. Tested what feels like one million rules. A simple thing like removing the restart feature might seem like a miss – but it’s deliberately not there, because we want every round of SPL-T to count. We want you to get better at it and get a deeper understanding for it every time you play it. We don’t want you to look at online leaderboards at pointless numbers. We want you to talk to friends playing SPL-T, and we hope it will invite you to talk about strategies together.

We hope you will like it and play it as much as we do.

Let’s SPL-T!"

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    @jjjmedia
    Thanks for the info. Dang this sucks. I really enjoy the game, its just sad that they deliberately chose to not include important features like restart and an online leader board. I think this is a bad call and it doesn't really make much sense to me.

11. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    It seems you are missing the entire spirit of the game.

A bold move by a bold developer, to try and create something pure, something that breaks long formed habits.

12. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think it's all pretentious.

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Isn't it more pretentious to whine about a missing online leaderboard?

14. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    A big happy birthday to you!!!
    I don't know how that is at all pretentious.

15. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I really like this. It's strangely compelling for some reason. Has anyone here scored higher than 100,000? My highscore is about 47,000 with about 300 splits. On the one hand, I feel like I still don't really know what I'm doing and I'm missing a real strategy. On the other hand, it's not a fluke, my highscore before this was in the 30,000 and I regularly score 20,000 now. But I still make stupid mistakes often and it seems like if it's relatively easy to get 47,000, scores way higher than 200,000 should be possible.

16. jhoughto123

jhoughto123 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    I got 128441 once.
    I'd say the biggest thing that I learnt was making sure that your vertical splits don't stretch across the large distances and vice versa. Doing this too much can result in having plenty of places for horizontal splits but nowhere for a vertical split. Instead if you horizontal split this space up, it will take you more turns to effectively cover the same vertical space. It then effectively becomes a balancing act to ensure you can still use plenty of each split. This means sometimes instead of doing the move you want to, you need to break up a large space for balancing.

17. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Very helpful thanks #

18. Glad it helped! :)

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=271660][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271663][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271533][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271730][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271661][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271694][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271736][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271838][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271804][​IMG][/thread]

SPL-T

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout