Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. kameboy

kameboy Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I want a girl character which is controllable in Future Episode :)

2. Taclys

Taclys Member

May 30, 2013
    Just beat it, just minute ago. Good lord, final boss is a worthy advisory. Took some quick thinking and fast memorization of his move set to have the edge of him. Brute force won't do the trick at all.

Storyline wise, I am impressed. Seems like very view iOS developers put the time into a story. Infinity blade was good, dark meadows was creepily good, and a short list of others. Good work devs. I found no major flaws in the game. I can't wait for episode 2, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

The elevator scene seemed buggy as hell though, multiple times had my character go up or down an elvator, and the camera stayed where it was.

I would buy an iPhone controller case just for this game, though touch controls feel great. 8/10 devs, could use a touch of polish that I've mentioned earlier. This series could become iOS gold.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... 24 hours in time out and now i see everyone sees the game as i do: Great, must-have game.

4. Taclys

Taclys Member

May 30, 2013
    Oh one final request, could you devs post the soundtrack of this game to itunes or something? I would buy that up fast.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Good to have you back dude. Next time you do something time-out worthy, try not to do it on such a massive release day. :p

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... You know what? I've been a little too comfortable here in TA that being in timeout for 24 felt like something in me died.

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    come on i was about to go to sleep i now there is a new update

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *puts on "I'M A MOD" cap* Shame on you for breaking the rules, Psience!

No, really...I think I speak on behalf of the majority of the forum when I say you're an invaluable member. Let's keep it that way! :)

Back to Spiral!

9. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    The new update that just got put up fixes the problem in chapter 6 you were talking about (which was a nasty bug we were struggling to find the cause of - but that's a story for another day). We were hoping it would clear before the release date, but I think apple held it back because they were featuring version 1.0

This isn't an update that will address people's feedback in the forum (we submitted it over a week ago).

However the content update Benni mentioned we were working on will!

Dammit... now we've got no ratings :(

10. Mohaawk

Mohaawk Member

Jun 20, 2013
    might be a tough question but between this and 9th dawn which should i get? im broke hahaha

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If your budget still can, get this. Both are good games, but an experience like Spiral which is quite unique on iOS, is a lot better that 9th Dawn in my opinion.

12. Mohaawk

Mohaawk Member

Jun 20, 2013
    thank you. eventually i'll get both (hopefully).
    by the way i feel honoured you replied to me. ive been lurking for all these months and seen you everywhere. now i finally talk to you hahaha

13. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #153 shoi, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    After all these positive comments, I could not help but buy the game and try myself.
    I've just finished Ch.1 so I am not far enough in the game to rate it properly but here are a few things that could be nice to modify or improve somehow:

- The objectives are displayed with such a small font size,I can't read them.
    (iPhone, dunno for the iPad)

Increasing the font size would help.
    (Could not find in the menu the last objective we're supposed to do)

- Voices volume is somewhat disparate.
    Normalizing them could be nice.

- Controls

I don't really like the Tap to go system to move around. My finger hides the screen and it never really do what I want so it can be a bit frustrating.
    A virtual pad, especially on the iPhone, would be great!
    NB: the combat system is good this way though!

That's it for now!
    The atmosphere, the design&graphics,the music are top-notch!
    The story seems interesting too!
    It's a really nice game!!
    Congrats to the team!

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #154 Qwertz555, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    I just made a five star review in my swiss app store. Period.

Two bad things are to adress though:

Compaired to the whole game, the sfx/sound department is really poor, but it was mentioned already and you (the Devs) are on it to make them better. Rather take your time to do the best you can this time, please.

And second (full of teardrops) the game is over (cries out loud). When will we get the next episode, around ???

Edit: Forgot about the pause button (on iphone). Any other solution possible ? A three finger tap maybe ?
    Bad solution as is right now, at least for me.

15. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the rating!

As mentioned, we'll definitely be looking into the sound balancing and some of the effects.

That's an interesting bit of feedback about the pause button... did you find you were hitting it a lot unintentionally?

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Yep, quite a few times. Ehm...am i the only one ?

17. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I've never had a problem with it on an ipad, and on the phone maybe once or twice, but never so often it became a problem. We'll keep an eye on it though!

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It seems that this game also suffers from UE most known bug: the game has a blank settings page in Settings app.

19. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Reminds me a bit of Omikron, and I would only hope that if Omikron ever gets ported to iOS that the controls feel the same as on this, I'm so glad to not be playing another infinity blade-like battle style. Good work devs!

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I haven't seen David Bowie anywhere in this game though...