Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If you double tap and hold you activate the virtual stick movement, but he runs instead of walks ;)

Is that what you are looking for?

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wait...there's a hidden virtual stick option? O_O

Nader, do you mind me asking how many episodes of Spiral do you have planned? I've spent so much money over the last 12 hours or so, but man...forget the game, your involvement on the forums is making me want to throw some money at you.

3. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Actually, it's not hidden, it's one of the things taught to the player in the first tutorial sequence, but I see how it would be possible to miss! (If you watch Sanuku's gameplay video you'll see him use it).

We are planning 3 episodes in total! :)

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Sound first. I'm using an ipad 4 the latest. Volume turned to full. In game volume and effects to full. I don't have a hearing problem. I found myself wanting more volume but already at full volume. Listening to dialogue was difficult at times.

Controls are not bad but I would have also liked a joystick or sprint included on the hold to move. I like the hold to move its a good idea.

Fighting - I don't know if it gets better but just tapping wasn't fun. I was hoping for a bit more skill or strategy nvolved.

5. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    As I mentioned above, doing a double tap and hold will activate the virtual stick, but with a run instead of a walk.

Hopefully as you progress you'll enjoy the combat more, the enemies get tougher (so you can't just mindlessly tap), and you get some cool skills like the grab and throw or the special moves (which are charged based).

We'll look into the sound levels :)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *sigh* That's another five bucks gone. Well played, Nader...well played. :p

7. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Haha, cheers! Well if it helps you feel better, 7 guys in an office are very grateful! ;)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My pleasure. :)

9. Benni_

Benni_ Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Designer
    Hi there guys. Benni here, one of the designers for Pixelhero Games. Incase any of you were wondering, we've got planned updates for the game in the next 6 weeks or so.

This includes new arenas and enemies and potentially additional ability unlocks for late game.

And ofcourse any bugfixes or tweaks which your feedback will highlight. Thanks again from the PH team.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#90 killercow, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    Congrats, the game is really gorgeous and polished! But like one of TA's member mentionned you need to add more oomph to the sound. That included better fighting sounds, more ambient music/sounds (doors, helicopters...) and louder volume controls! ( at least it's not enough on my ipad 4 even with some really good headphones!)

Other than that i'm loving it so far :)

11. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    Just one thing before I take the plunge - how's the replayability of this game? Other than that, I'm loving everything I'm seeing in this thread so far. :)

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Honestly, this is a taaad bit shocking to imagine was made by 7 people. Jaw-droppingly gorgeous, well thought out controls, superb animations. I'm kinda, sorta, a little bit floored right now. :) Well done guys...wow!

The sound issue worldcitizen was having though...same thing on an 4th gen iPad. :/ My volume's at about 50% and with any other game, any louder would be too loud. This on the other hand sounds like it's about 20-25%.

13. killercow

Yeah the lypsinc, the character animations, the gorgeous dream sequence, the great artstyle and huge cities... It's so beautiful!

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I don't know quite what to say. I mean, I watched the trailer, skipped through most of Sanuku's video and haven't exactly been following the upcoming thread nor gave into EP's pre-release hype, but like I said earlier...I bought this due to the great developer interaction, if for nothing else. I just...GAH! I was not expecting THIS!

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #95 VaroFN, Jun 20, 2013
    My impressions after playing this game: everyone should must buy it. Best RPG I played since Drakerider.
    Oh, and I'm also having sound issues here. iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.1 jailbroken.

16. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    what's the file size after installing please? if it isn't to LARGE i'll delete blitz brigade for this thanks

17. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    #97 Lerisbo1192, Jun 20, 2013
    this game is everything i didn't expect yet for an ios game!! the facial animations are INSANE!!!! if i can suggest you something it'll be to add a dpad. not talking about that pad appearing when you hold the screen but a classic virtual pad. dont get me wrong i m enjoying the actual control scheme of spiral but i'm sure there's a lot more people like me who are more comfortable with virtual pads on ios otherwise gameloft games wouldn t have been so popular eventhough they have so much iaps. anyway you should really make it like optional.....no matter visible,unvisible, floating, static....... i dont care at least it ll be there. and it ll make the game even more awesome because the controls are really a major determinant characteristic for an ios game!! I HOPE YOU WILL TAKE THIS IN CONSIDERATION!!!!

18. killercow

Around 700mb.

There's just too much too play!!!! :D

19. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    #99 Lerisbo1192, Jun 20, 2013
    you can even create a new option where when you hold the screen you have a classic virtual pad instead of that dragging thing........ just an idea..... i just think it wouldn t be too difficult to add a feature like this in the next update seeing how skilled you guys seem to be!! OK TO BE HONEST THE THING IS THAT THE VISUALS ARE SOO GORGEOUS AND I THINK ITS TOO BAD THAT NOT ONLY MY THUMB BUT MY ENTIRE HAND IS HIDING THEM WITH THAT TAP/DRAG TO MOVE THING.

20. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks HEAPS for confirming the lack of volume. I'm using ipad 4 also but not headphones and can barely make out a lot of the dialogue.