Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's coz the game has ZERO IAPs, and the file size is only 728mb installed with all the polish crammed in it. That size nowadays is very acceptable compared to the monster file sizes from Gameloft or other big name company's offerings.

2. troyster

troyster Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2012
    Buying it

Wow, based on all the praise I'm picking it up now

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Not to bash on x com or anything but I think this game deserves the spotlight for the week. A bit unfair a semi port with lesser or missing content gets to hog most of the attention while a gem like this is hanging in the back of the room. Well keep those post counts going so people notice!

4. Farfield

Farfield Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Damn, reading your comments makes me wanna upgrade my iPhone :( This game will be the first one I'll buy once I get an iPhone 5.

5. Taclys

Taclys Member

May 30, 2013
    Been playing for about an hour, and man this game is fun! Such diverse puzzles, epic fighting that takes quite a bit more skill than button mashing, and cool, unique characters. Pick this up.

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    ok seems worth,guys just tell me if i buy episode 1,i would get the second or need to buy it again?

7. Superatomic

Superatomic Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You would have to buy episode 2, 3 and so on.. Buying episode 1 doesn't unlock all future episodes for you.
    The dev would get ripped off if that was the case.

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #68 italodance, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I strongly believe that this is my best iOS pickup this week, with XCom coming up really close.

Great work devs, and Nader's (one of the Pixel Hero Games guys) active presence on the thread guarantees fixes or improvements will be made if there is ever a need for any.

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Do you guys have a plan for continuing save files? I don't want to keep this game on my phone until the end of the year for the second episode, so the data can carry over...

11. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Are you playing the game on an ipod touch 4? if so, it has most of the graphical effects disabled!

12. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We are discussing a system to allow you to transfer over data... we'll see what we can do.

13. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Oh phew! No, ipod 4g isn't really supported... would have been impressed if you were able to play it on that!

14. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I just deleted this. I found it very unsatisfactory. Controls were an issue for me as well as gameplay. I didn't like the fighting just constant tapping. And I could not hear AVI on the train. Apparently even with the volume turned all the way up both on ipad and in game it was difficult to hear often because of not enough volume. Wasted $5.49 today. Could have bought something really decent instead.

15. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sorry to hear that! we'll look into the sound issue for you. Was there anything in particular about the controls you didn't like, and what device are you playing it on?

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    you never change do you?

Anyway i have been playing a lot more and all i can say is amazing job Nader and to all the team

My only gripe is the sound of the swords when you attack someone any change it could be improve to sound a little more metal-ish? right now sounds like if you are hitting someone with a plastic bat and also in some fights when i use the dodge the camara turns some what slow and its gets complicated to use the gun

BTW any chance as well to have a sort of invisible stick like dead space or mass effect? just for the exploration parts?

17. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Awesome, must buy.

18. Kinto

Kinto Member

Apr 22, 2010
    About how many hours it will last?

19. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's about 4 - 5 hours or more depending on how you play it :)

20. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I had problems with the sound and controls I did like the touch continually idea only if a sprint could be added. If those could be adjusted I might like this.