Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Clue: Notice the time no one replied to your query? ;)

2. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Man, this was the first game I played that made me look at iOS as a serious gaming platform. It really took mobile gaming to a new level for me. Everything about it floored me- the graphics, controls, even the story was very engaging. It had a level of polish that I don't think any game before it had, and only a handful since have come close. The touch controls are absolutely fantastic but playing it with my Moga Rebel is a completely different experience. I really hope they are still committed to releasing another episode.

3. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Hi Guys,

Currently we are fully focused on our Games Workshop project, which is a big step up in commitment as we are launching on PC as well as mobile.

I wish I could give you more information regarding future projects, but nothing is locked down at the moment.

Regarding Spiral... It was a big decision to put it on hold... We had it fairly planned out... But the truth of the matter is we didn't make anywhere near enough money from Episode 1.

We've had almost 900,000 downloads, and around 30,000 of those were paid (and half of those were during $0.99 sales)... Spiral didn't cost huge amounts to make (comparatively speaking) but even then we barely got 25% of our costs back.

Now we could have continued with the other episodes, and hoped it maybe would have gotten some traction... But it was a big risk, as it's very hard to launch a new intellectual property.

Hopefully if we can do an even better job with Eisenhorn, people will be more aware of our work, and we can seriously consider picking up where we left off from with Spiral.

I hope that answers some questions... You guys have been our most dedicated fans, and we really appreciate the support you gave us with Spiral.

agreen437 likes this.
  4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    yes, eisenhorn is going to be a blast! cant wait to play it. is it out in september?

hopefully we can see the light of spiral in the near future.

5. krisko6

krisko6 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    College Student, Intern at an engineering company.
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm saddened that we'll likely never get to see the conclusion of the Spiral story, but that new game looks SWEET! I have absolutely no knowledge of Warhammer or Games Workshop, but the screenshots are incredible, and it looks like you're create another uncompromising action-adventure for mobile. Hopefully I will actually be able to get a new iPhone this year so I'm ready for its release.

6. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I'll always remember you guys from Spiral and I'm waiting for its return and your future work.
    Good Luck!

7. tide

tide Active Member

Oct 19, 2014
    maybe an android port of spiral if possible

8. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Given how poorly it did on iOS, I seriously doubt this will be ported. Especially not when the dev is now working on a totally different project. But I suppose we can dream.

9. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    It's 32 bit,right?

10. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Latest update description says its optimized for 64-bit chip. Dont know whether that means its 64 bit but i would assume so.

11. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    This excellent blast from the past just received a nice update... It’ll be interesting to see what happens from now with Pixel Hero Games, because their other game Eisenhorn, was just recently removed from the AppStore and now this. Hopefully good things are happening behind the scenes.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great find. Hope it means that they’re working on Episode 2.

13. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Hi All - even though Pixel Hero has been closed a few years, our ex technical director Aaron wanted to preserve the game, so he’s worked hard on updating it for the latest iOS devices, and this version is out now. The game is also now just completely free. Take care ☺️

Makara Nou likes this.
  14. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    What about eisenhorn?

15. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    We were in the process of updating Eisenhorn, but our license with GW has expired, so we are unfortunately not supporting it any more.

16. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Thanks nadar so much for letting us know

17. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I am personally working on something around this... but it will be slow and probably be a while before anything is visible... and also a bit different from Spiral how it was before (it is over 6 years old now!).

As soon as there is anything worth sharing I will :)

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No rush, but that’s great to hear.

19. Thanks goes anyone involved

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    No rush? It’s been 6 years! ;)

Just kidding. Very cool that this was made X compatible!