Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Wow I'm at chapter 4 ( how many chapters are there ? ) and I can tell when I'm done with episode 1 I'll be Jones'n bad for episide 2. Really excellent all around. I'm surprised how deep and fun the combat is, it's almost perfect for touch screens. So much could be done with this engine :) good job guys! Love the variety of UK accents too.

5 stars biaches :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's not really an ulterior motive. I already finished the game before the game got released, so non-content updates like fixes and balancing arent really something i would look forward to anymore.

In fact, i'm willing to pay more for gems like this, and i cant wait to buy each of the episodes released for Spiral.

3. madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy New Member

Jul 12, 2013
    brilliant game which makes it even more frustrating that im stuck hitting a bick walll so early.

its only a few bits into the game, im told to go back to my apartment, but then the doors shut. im in an area of town with on the top level a bar, calamity bar i think, and im told i have to get rid of all of the issues beforre they'll open the doors. so i wander all arond the area, talk to everyone. climb every wall hook ive seen. theres two slopes down to the train station. i go down. speak to everyone. cant find anywhere to go, or anything to do.

what am i missing?

4. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    finally found the time to finish it and well, it was great from the beginning to the end!
    hope we'll see the ep2 out soon!

wonder if ep2 will link to your stats/xp gained in ep1 or if it will be a fresh start?

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I can't remember exactly what to do but I don't remember ever getting hung up like that. I'm sure someone can post what you should do.

6. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #366 philodygmn, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    Two early parts with locked doors this seems like it could be: the 1st you grapple to either side of the gate in question starting in the respective corners of the sector and wind up grappling down the face of the pillars flanking the gate itself; the 2nd you must clear the area of entropies, which may confuse you because throughout the game groups of them are standing around as free fights/XP, but this time the script prompts you to clear the sector of Entropies, so you have to try talking to one of the bent-over glowing-blotches figures to trigger the fight.

7. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    *whispering* My "j/k" stood for "just kidding".

Exactly: no ulterior motive necessary, right? :) Quite the opposite, paying for a game just because it deserves it so much! That's the type of dedicated connoisseurship upon which a thriving creative ecosystem on this—or any—platform depends! :)

8. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    update 1.2 available!
    Seems to fix quite a few things and add some!

9. Benni_

Benni_ Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Designer
    Spiral Update 1.2
    ----------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Introducing the Dreamscape Arena and Greater Entropy enemy, in our first content update for the game.

Fight waves of enemies in the new arena map, set in the Dream environment of Spiral: Episode 1. Face off against a new enemy type who will be sure to provide an extra challenge for those of you already familiar with the combat.

Along with a host of bug fixes and additional features requested by your good selves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In detail:

NEW
    - New arena map.
    - New enemy type.
    - New option in settings to turn the 'tap and hold' control into a floating virtual stick.
    - New option in settings to allow the dialogue to be disabled like subtitles, so only the audio remains.

UPDATES
    - Greatly improved initial loading time for the game.
    - Made it more obvious that the loading video is in fact a loading video.
    - Sound and Music balance/improvements.
    - Now if Tempus is standing still we allow the player to tap through him, making it possible to walk, or interact with people/objects without the need to rotate the camera around Tempus.
    - Improved tappable area for Tempus in combat, and made camera adjustments to help the player pull off the blast more easily.
    - Improved the map screen. It now shows the Tempus' position and orientation in the hub.
    - Speed up camera rotation when targeting enemies in combat.
    - Fixed grammar mistakes
    - Game no longer crashes if the user exits the app during start-up.
    - 'Go to spiral facebook page' fixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for your patience, hope you are all enjoying the game.

Benni

10. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    The controls are still hopeless and the reason I have stopped playing this game for weeks. Update does bugger all. A virtual joystick and the camera need to work together. Pity such a fantastic graphical rendering is absolutely stuffed by horrendous confusing controls. I hate tap and the virtual stick just doesn't work.

Controls ruined this game for me.

11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    @Benni_:
    Does this new type of enemy appear in the main game as well?

I'm worried the game is harder than before and if that's the case I'd rather not update since I suck at hard games :0

12. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    So now that you've finished moaning, do you have any suggestions?

13. Benni_

Benni_ Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Designer
    Hey there dnk,

The new enemy type does feature in the main story. However, only in the random Hub combat side missions. We've endeavoured to not change the difficulty of the game in any way, so don't feel too scared about giving them a go.

Let us know how you get on!

14. Benni_

Benni_ Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Designer
    We're sorry that you're still unimpressed with the game worldcitizen1919. Although your first feedback was about inconsistent spelling and grammar (which is something we've fixed in this patch), we also added the control stick option to try and help out many of the users who requested such a feature.

Thanks for taking the time to repeatedly report your issues with the game as we do pay attention to all feedback. Your negative tone in every post is something we do find disheartening however.

15. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Well I thought this was a really well polished game, probably the most polishied seen. Did the new update also fix the loading time? it seem to be a lot faster.

Its been a bit disconcerting that this game has not been up in the charts more. wondering if you should do an IAP version?

still great work.

16. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    The loading time is way shorter now!
    That is really great!

I don't really find the control stick improvement that helpful... so will stick with tap.

I think this a great update though
    as many feedbacks have been included which is nice.

You should really make it free with one chapter available and all the other chapters(and arena?) unlockable for the price of the game if the sales don't reach your expectations...
    I want to play the next episode so hope you'll get enough sales!

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Finally grabbed this. The new sale coupled with just having enough for it left on my itunes account helped. I hope Episode 2 & 3 are separate apps... well, that is if I love it as much as some of the other regs here do for whom I trust for feedback.

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    For me what update did was reducing the launch time nothing else.I really like this game but the camera angles in the Chapter 3 are really horrible.
    Only one thing I hate about the game and its camera.Everything else is great for me!

19. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I just can't play it because of the camera and controls. A good game spoiled for me. Could have been a classic if not for these two important aspects.

20. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I really loved everything about the game and wanted to play it so much but just couldn't get on with the controls. I'm used to a virtual joystick on the left side with my right thumb controlling the camera and spanning while I move. In a lot of games that's the system used. In this game I just had too much difficulty with these issues so I had to delete it but if ever the controls get fixed I'll play it right through.