Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #281 Vovin, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    Don't wanna know how much of these idiots are here on tA, playing the honest customers. I hope that their devices explode or meltdown while they're in their trouser's pockets, near their familiy jewels...

Also, I blame Apple! They could fix that pirate issue with a few tricks and earn far more monnies. Simple things like an iTunes purchase check or a tiny block of encrypted data, unique for every device, that comes after the installation at the first start of the game, hidden somewhere in the iOS itself. Geez.

As we know, you can crack or trick everything. But Apple should make that as hard as hell.

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Game freezes on my iPad 4th gen.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I seriously thought only about how many from TA was pirating off XCom because of its price. Even mentioned that on the GotW thread. Never really expected that a heavy number of Spiral downloads were also ill acquired.

4. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #284 philodygmn, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    One of the reasons I bought this game right away was so it _would be_ at full price. I don't have a lot of money to throw around, but something this good deserves to be rewarded.

I agree Apple ought to be able to do something about this, they'd just better make sure you don't have to be online every time you launch. Set it up in iCloud, and then the game looks at something in firmware or someplace pirates can't f*ck with without seriously screwing themselves. Back in the day I pirated Windoze and software I could never afford, and I'm pretty much fine with a lot of movie pirating from giant studios; this is TOTALLY different.

Every time you play this game, pirates, look up at those 7 gentlemen responsible for your enjoyment and know you're _not_ who they're smiling at—but for just a few sodas or whatever, you could be.

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Price doesn't really enter into it that much when it comes to pirates: somebody who has demonstrated a willingness to pirate a $20 game is just as likely to go to the same place and grab a $10 or $2 app for free.

"Why spend any money at all if I don't have to?" asks the parasite (she said, channelling Andrew Ryan).

6. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    It's games like this that make me wish my iTouch 4G wasn't totally outdated. :(

7. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I activated all the power things and i didnt know what to do after that so i went to attack one and it dont let me move.

Attached Files:

8. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #288 philodygmn, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    'Cause iOS gaming can't ever gain traction otherwise? 'Cause you're no Robin Hood taking from these guys? 'Cause your friends trying to enjoy the game despise you? LOL Yeah, I know, the attitude is never allow commerce any respect. So, fine, let expensive dedicated game hardware and giant studios be all there is besides crappy parlor games, just like you think screwing all comers prevents?! Piracy makes sense when non-producing rights-holders screw creators out of their own work while artificially inflating the price. None of that's happening here, not even close—totally the opposite, in fact!

9. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Sorry to hear about the piracy. I can kind of understand if they use it to test an expensive app before they buy, as long as they delete it and purchase the actual app. I hate when people take a cheap app like this and pirate it just because they dont feel like paying a few dollars on an expensive device. I think when developers make good quality games they deserve to get paid. Well knowing that you guys are struggling, I am more than happy to buy your app. I hope the future is better for you guys. I agree with the other posts about using some sort of block to stop piraters.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Every game gets pirated. Look at Towel Fight 2. It's $0.99. Piracy rate: 90%.
    Ridiculous.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #291 Vovin, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

Do as me. Always try to curse in a diplomatic way... ;)

Still, Apple can be blamed. As distributors with the intend to earn money from the devs, should be doung something. But no, it's only on the devs to protect their games.
    I mean, they develop one iOS after another but can't put in some stupid piracy counter measures.

Just saw that another one went down the drain. First Kyubo, then Spiral, now Miseria - just a few days after release. It's a shame.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It might screw over pirates, but people will still pirate and download.

As I mentioned in the sale thread, pirated games are pirated just for the heck of it, so it's like a stream that enters the arms of those who download pirate apps for the heck of it.

What has to happen is an immediate check at launch, BUT what about people who go and load the game when not online? It is basically a forced DRM, and it could be a disaster for the devs as the 75% who pirated will almost never actually buy it regardless.

13. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Grrrr!

Damn you Touch Arcade forum and posters! I have folders overflowing with unplayed games and now you've made me read this thread and want to buy Spiral. And you, Dev, haven't helped matters by engaging in this thread and being so gosh darned pleasant!! Well, I'm just going to wait till it goes back up in price to teach you all a lesson!!

Harrrrumph!!!!!!

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Eh - ... how, exactly, did we made you read this?
    *sigh* ... it's easy to blame it always on the poor forum members. :D

15. Paulos G

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Mutant brain powers. Obviously.

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I'll admit, I have been hesitant to buy this as many episodics don't get finished these days, and I already have huge backlog of great games to get through. Now after reading user comments here (specifically Exact-Psience who has often been reliable source of recommendation), and this sweet deal of a sale I have decided to give it a go and start playing it outright. Imps to come.

I hope the Devs are successful and we get the concluding episodes. I support the advent of high quality console style action RPG on iOS. Keep up the good work and consistent feedback! I hope this game can do well!

Downloading now

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

No more X-Com for you, mate. You see grey people.

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    [​IMG]

19. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Yep and reptilians and their human alien hybrids rule the world with the international banking cartel. Don't think I don't know about you royals! ;) You Brits know that your ruling class are really Germans right :)

Seriously shame about the piracy, I also have a huge backlog of unplayed games. But I've been pineing for this one, and the releases this week are not doing it for me.

20. Paulos G

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Reptilian Germans at that!